Mudguards Yay or Nay

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Hybrid Head
Default Mudguards Yay or Nay

For those who have mud guards on their TCH, do they work?

I had mud guards on my previous car (98 Accord Coupe) and they made no difference.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mudguards Yay or Nay

Hmm Also interested. I have fronts on my 99 VW Golf and they do help quite a bit...we didn't get them on the Camry yet but I was thinking about it.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:38 PM
HSD Organic Interface

It was a no brainer for me as they are standard equip. on Camry's here. I've had them on my Sienna for the past 3 yrs and they do a fairly decent job. The ones on the Camry are similar in design, a bit smaller of course but about the same distance to the road. I'll imagine they will also be reasonably decent. I would have asked for them if it was optional.

I'll add that they are pretty tough material. My wife curbed the Sienna on the back once and the mudflap took the full force. But rather than break it popped the lower plastic panel/bumper it was attached to right out of it's mounting clips. Fortunately a shove and the panel popped back into place. One of the front flaps also took a major impact during a crawl down a very rocky road to a cottage. It got scraped deeply but held it's ground.

Last edited by Droid13; 06-23-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Does anyone have a picture with their camry and mud flaps...? They don't appear to be same as the body color though....wish they were.... Thanks!

Old 08-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Along for the ride.....

Mine are Black

Old 08-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I get mud guards on every car I have owned, there is still some stuff that gets on, but it is far less than without them. One advantage with SE Toyota port cars is they offer color matched mud guards.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Mudguard installation not for the faint of heart

I got the Mudguards and they DO help. Not from everything, but enough to justify them. Please keep in mind there is a 1 hour labor charge to install them. I did them myself, but had to wait a week until I got the courage to actually DRILL at hole (nearly 1/4") into the rear panel. This panel is made of plastic and the hole was drilled in less than 3 seconds. Not too bad overall. But I wish Toyota made the TCH more like the Accord (relative to mudguards) as all you have to do on the Accord is remove a "dummy" screw and replace it with the one that comes with the mud flaps.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Mudguards Yay or Nay

Mudguards? Too ugly. Avoid puddles.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Enthusiast

Easy for you to say living in CA. Try snowy New England. Anything to keep salted sand off you car is good.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Are they black or color matched....? Thanks

Quick Reply: Mudguards Yay or Nay

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands