MPG Gauge and Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: MPG Gauge and Oil Change

The mfd display also displays, in my 2008 Camry, while I am coasting. In that case the display shows energy movement to the battery. I don't know if all the mfd displays work the same. I don't know why my display shows something that Atlantix2000 says is not shown on his mfd display. I will check the other display on the nav unit today if I have a chance.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Enthusiast

My post didn't list every possible combination of arrows and no arrows. Of course I see an arrow to the battery while coasting if the car is generating extra energy that can be stored (example - coasting downhill). My previous post was just saying it's possible to have no arrows while the car is in motion (example - coasting uphill or flat enough that no spare energy is created to store). Sorry for any confusion.

--A2K

Old 06-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you for your explanations. I just got back from a short trip with both the mfd and nav energy displays showing. The issue I initially wrote about usually occurs only when I stop shortly after starting the car and may not repeat often. I saw it once at a stop when the gauge "floated" up to 0 mpg. Neither the mfd nor the nav display showed any engagement of the gasoline engine. Nor did I hear or feel it as I usually do when the gas motor engages while the car is stopped.