mouldings

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default mouldings

Received my side door mouldings and stainless door step plates, easy to install and look great, these are genuine Toyota parts.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: mouldings

Question on the door sills...when I bought my car, there was plastic coming out from under the door sills. When washing to car, I proceded to try and pull the plastic out. However, I had to lift up the door sill cover and noticed the plastic wrapped around wires under the sill...So my question is, should this plastic not be removed or should it have been removed during the PDI process? Were your wires wrapped in plastic?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by skywagon
Received my side door mouldings and stainless door step plates, easy to install and look great, these are genuine Toyota parts.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Enthusiast

Lem144, these moldings have contact tape on the backside, you clean the plastic with 3-M cleaner and stick them on the same as the side moldings. I did not need to take off the plastic sill moldings so do not know how the wires were wraped. I suspect these cars came with plastic over the sill plates so not to scuff them up and the plastic was screwed down under sill plate which should not create a problem. sk

Old 08-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Lem144, these moldings have contact tape on the backside, you clean the plastic with 3-M cleaner and stick them on the same as the side moldings. I did not need to take off the plastic sill moldings so do not know how the wires were wraped. I suspect these cars came with plastic over the sill plates so not to scuff them up and the plastic was screwed down under sill plate which should not create a problem. sk
so the stainless steel sill covers stick to the existing plastic sill covers? that's strange, i'd imagine they would replace the plastic covers.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, and they say Camry on them look sharp. sk

Old 08-17-2006, 05:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, and they say Camry on them look sharp. sk
Well I'm glad you like it. I don't think a strip of stick-on is something I'm going to shell out over $110 for. I was thinking it would replace the existing sill cover.

Enjoy it though.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:34 AM
"Silver Bullet" Owner

Originally Posted by lem144
so the stainless steel sill covers stick to the existing plastic sill covers? that's strange, i'd imagine they would replace the plastic covers.
They are not stainless steel. They are made of aluminum.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronr
They are not stainless steel. They are made of aluminum.

Upon inspecting the picture, I notice it doesn't even go over the top of the sill. Why is it so expensive. It seems to be very cheap. Anyway, just my $.02.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Enthusiast

I ordered the Body Side Moulding from my Dealer and scheduled the service
department to install it today. They didn't install it because of what looked like small chips taken out on the end. They are re-ordering the kit. Looks like they
may have a QC problem with some of these parts.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Enthusiast

yes, I thought aluminum also but then took magnet and it sticks, I don't think magnet sticks to aluminum. I may be wrong. sk

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands