Motorola Razr Bluetooth Question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Motorola Razr Bluetooth Question...

Originally Posted by tnsig
I also set my mic gain to +1. What did setting the speaker gain to -1 do that turning down the volume wouldn't do?
Vince,

I did not want to run the risk of there being any subaudible interference from the speaker when the mic gain is boosted. I do not know what the incremental boost is, but if it's in dB, then that is a 12% boost in gain. I wanted to offset the "noise" coming out of the speakers by that same amount.

It may or may not make a difference, but I am not going to change it now. It works too good!

Old 03-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
Vince,

I did not want to run the risk of there being any subaudible interference from the speaker when the mic gain is boosted. I do not know what the incremental boost is, but if it's in dB, then that is a 12% boost in gain. I wanted to offset the "noise" coming out of the speakers by that same amount.

It may or may not make a difference, but I am not going to change it now. It works too good!
Thanks Larry. I may have to give that a shot. It couldn't hurt.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
WIRELESS,

I have a Verizon RAZR V3M. My Bluetooth works so well that people have acted astonished when a noise happens in the background and I explain that I am on Bluetooth.

In the Nav display I set the microphone gain +1 and the speaker gain -1. It sounds sweet.

Larry
Thanks Rusty & Larry & others... I needed some positive feedback on the Razr, I will be locked into a 2 yr contract and wanted some reinforcement from other users of this neat phone!

Old 03-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Enthusiast

Can someone point me in the right direction, I cannot send any contacts to the Car's bluetooth system. I am trying to send it from the phone and I can't figure how, I know it needs to be one by one.

I have tried Copy (that is what Motorola tech support told me), but my choices are Sim Card or Phone so that can't be it. I have tried another option that I can't recall at the moment that the cell company told me to do but I get a Bluetooth is busy message or something to that effect.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast

The procedure for transferring phone book contacts may vary by cellular provider. Here's how I did it with my Alltel Razr V3m.

I went to each individual contact, then selected "Options". "Share Phonebook Entry" is the last option; I used that to send the contact to the nav system phonebook. Every once in a while, I'd get a "Bluetooth busy" error message and the phone and nav system seemed to connect, then disconnect, then connect. It took awhile to transfer all the phone contacts one-by-one, but I figured I only had to do it once.

I don't know if this will work for everyone and I don't know if the menus on the Razrs are different based on the carrier. Wouldn't surprise me.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I do not know about other networks, but I do know for a fact that a Verizon Razr will NOT do "Bluetooth push". Basically, it will not transfer any data via BT. The BT is for audio features only.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Enthusiast

WIRELESS,

I have a Verizon RAZR V3M. My Bluetooth works so well that people have acted astonished when a noise happens in the background and I explain that I am on Bluetooth.

In the Nav display I set the microphone gain +1 and the speaker gain -1. It sounds sweet.

Larry

So where are these gain settings? I went through the menus last night and couldn't find them.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by warehouse
So where are these gain settings? I went through the menus last night and couldn't find them.
Do you have Nav? If not, I have no idea. If you do, go into the maintenance screen and adjust it there. You have to go to Display and alternately touch the top and bottom of the screen until it changes modes.

There are threads on how to get in there.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast

oh, that maintenance screen. I'll try it in the morning while I'm stuck in traffic!

Old 03-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Enthusiast

You have to change the code on the car. Motorola can tell you the security code, a four digit number.