MAJOR MALFUNTION No Roadside help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 01:53 PM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: MAJOR MALFUNTION No Roadside help!!!

Looking at my Sienna guide (wife has the TCH right now), number listed is: 1(888)Toyota-8 or in other words 1-888-869-6828

I do seem to recall that the TCH guide had a separate number for US service but in my Sienna guide is says service available throughout Canada and 48 states with this number (I have the Canadian version, ie metric info for towing distances allowed for and such). I suppose it is possible that this service is exclusive to Toyota Canada, but I'd be surprised if that was the case...

Old 07-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

My 2007 Owner's Manual Supplement (I didn't get it until I picked up the license plates for my car) says there is a 3 year, 36,000 mile roadside assistance warranty for hybrids. The supplement came with a flyer describing the service and a wallet-sized card stapled to it that gives the 1-800 number. I'd provide that number but it may be just for Hawaii.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Enthusiast

Toyota says they discontinued the free 24 hr Roadside program starting in 2006. But you can buy it....

Old 07-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Active Enthusiast
Location: Two miles N of the technology 'center-of-the-world' in 1903, on the Outer Banks of NC

Originally Posted by Sallyspal
We've been reading that as much as two gallons may remain in the TCH tank and fuel lines, even as the needle finally reaches "E". Do you know if you were at this point, or beyond, when your Prius had its near-death experience?
Yes there was about 1+ gal left in the tank when I filled it but I had driven about 30 miles with the warning light on. There may be some AI in the system to shut down the ICE when driven with the warning light on for too long.

By contrast, the last tank I just posted took nearly 11.5 Gal and the light had only come on a few miles before.

Last edited by kdhspyder; 07-19-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Location: Two miles N of the technology 'center-of-the-world' in 1903, on the Outer Banks of NC

Originally Posted by Norb
It's dangerous to be without any asistance and have to perhaps risk you life walking on an interstate highway when roadside programs are usual and the norm for most good car companies.
In the continental 48 there is no Roadside Assistance from Toyota for any new vehicles. Now different regional sales arms may include it in packages of other 'options' but you won't find it in any Toyota manual from corporate. At first the Prius did have 3/36 RA but it was dropped in 2005.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I rented a Toyota Prius from Hertz circa January or February of 2004. I had this thing happen where the display shut off and the AC cut off and what not, but it still drove normally. I turned it off and turned it back on, and everything was fine. I joked about maybe it operating on windows and it just needed to reboot. I still tried to buy one, but by then the waiting list was closed and I wound up with my HCH.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Ya know, one day I walked past a gas station where this new Mazda was smoking like a chimney. The guy was on the pay phone screaming (at the dealer, I think) complaining that his brand new car had basically burned itself to death. It doesn't make it easier when it happens to you, but every once in a great while, something will go wrong with new cars, no matter who made it.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Enthusiast

Check the lemon laws in your state. You may be able to return the car if that's what you want.

http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Lemon.html

Old 07-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about your vehicle problem.

Since you don't have roadside assistance, give a few places a call to see what it will cost to get one. Including your insurance company. I believe my company, USAA, provides roadside, fuel, lockout, towing, flat tire changing, etc for $6-$8 per 6-months, dependent on your state.

Old 07-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

I confirmed tonight that our Toyota dealer in Hawaii (Servco) does offer Roadside Assistance for Hybrids, 36 months/36000 miles at no charge. Sorry to hear the continental US does not provide you the same service...lucky I live in Hawaii!!

Quick Reply: MAJOR MALFUNTION No Roadside help!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands