Loose Weather Stripping

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Loose Weather Stripping

I was surprised yesterday to find that the weather stripping on the outer vertical edge of both front doors has become detached, just the part adjacent to the window. Has anybody else out there had this problem? I am not sure whether it is supposed to be glued in place or attached in some other manner.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Loose Weather Stripping

I had this happen once earlier this winter on the front passenger door. It appears that it froze to the frame momentarily and pulled out when the door was opened. I just stuffed it back in the groove that it sits in, and it hasn't happened again. It didn't appear that it used any adhesive or clips - just fit into the groove along the edge of the door.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:45 AM

It happened to me a few times and I had it repaired under warranty. It did not happen after it was replaced.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Enthusiast

I, too, have had this problem on the drivers side. The weather stripping was coming out just above the mirror line. I brought the car in after approx 2 weeks of ownership to have the stripping replaced. The same problem appeared about 6 weeks ago, again in the same place. Toyota replaced the stripping for me. Both under warranty.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Had this happen on passenger front door and while at the dealer on warranty work they just reattached it without clips or glue. No problems since but I'll keep watching given this thread. I'm halfway to end of the warranty by mileage or time.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for your input, I spent the winter in Mexico, drove down the last week in October, returned in April so it is definitely not a freezing problem as far as I am concerned!

The only problem I had in Mexico was that mice decided to nest in the air filter box! When I had the car serviced after I got back to Toronto the box was almost full of nesting material, no sign of the mice however. The service tech recommended I turn off the climate control system when I leave the car as this closes all the vents. I would have thought that this would happen automatically but apparently not. 6 months on cobblestone streets and still no rattles, I'm impressed! The car does however have to little ground clearance for many of the speed bumps.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:38 AM

Don't you just LOVE those small furry creatures? I think mine was due to heat and then cold.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

This is an update regarding the loose door weather stripping.

When I took the car in for servicing recently the dealer agreed it had to be replaced and it has now been on back order for just over two weeks.

While I was waiting I checked a new Camry in the showroom and to my surprise the driver's door on this vehicle had the same detached weather stripping problem, a brand-new vehicle!

So, I suggest everybody that owns a Camry, hybrid or not check it carefully for this problem. Note it is not readily noticeable at the first glance as it is still attached at the upper outer corner and again just below the window down to the bottom of the door.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:01 AM
Fabulous in Green

I noticed this a couple of weeks ago as well. So, clearly, Toyota needs to address this. My car is 3 months old, and it's already ghetto.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by g.theory
I noticed this a couple of weeks ago as well. So, clearly, Toyota needs to address this. My car is 3 months old, and it's already ghetto.
R U boys talking about a US built or Japan build?? I have had my Japan built 2 years now and thru 2 tough winters and the car has never seen the inside of a dealership for anything. Also put the first coat of wax on yesterday and the paint that everyone crys about is perfect, clear bra on front end and no stone chips ect. I somhow think it is sloppy kentucky problem. Do a poll and find out where the bad ones are comming from, then put the heat on the SOB's.

Quick Reply: Loose Weather Stripping

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands