Leftmost Driver's Side Vent Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Leftmost Driver's Side Vent Removal

Does anyone know how to remove the air vent? Mine rattles and I would like to remove it and possibly line it with felt.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Leftmost Driver's Side Vent Removal

Same thing happened to mine, a 2008 TCH. Still under warranty, so I took it to dealer and they supposedly fixed it. It still rattles but not as much. I wonder if this is a common problem?

The only problems I've had in 12K miles are a creaking sunroof and a rattle in the front passenger vents. I wonder if they are skimping on the fit and finish of this car.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Leftmost Driver's Side Vent Removal

I don't think the rattle is particularly "abnormal" since the ionizer is located at the driver's side air vent (I believe we're instructed not to block the vent or place any electronics in close proximity to it in the owner's manual). Here's a thread from a couple years ago on the subject.