iPhone 3G? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: iPhone 3G? Help!

That is a great point to consider. I will reply tonight after I make a real phone call from the car.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

OK, I tried the 3G phone on about 4 calls today. I did hear a very slight echo on one call but almost every call was crystal clear. No problems for me. Maybe it works better in the TCH with Nav after all.

The volume displayed on the Nav Screen was set to almost the highest level.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well that is good news. Now if only that TCH w/ NAV I ordered 3 weeks ago would arive...

Old 08-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Enthusiast

In my opinion, the phone you get should not depend on the most expensive bluetooth accessory that you can buy.

That being said, I have an 08 TCH w/NAV and a iPhone 3G (upgraded to 2.0.1) and do have an echo. I can go about 30 seconds into the call and then the callers can not hear me and I have to revert to using the phone itself. I have not tried the phone with my Garmin GPS to see if this has the issue.

Likely, the issue is with the onboard Bluetooth system and not the iPhone. I believe, the bluetooth system has to be certified and who knows if it is.

Alan2k

Old 08-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alan2k
In my opinion, the phone you get should not depend on the most expensive bluetooth accessory that you can buy.

That being said, I have an 08 TCH w/NAV and a iPhone 3G (upgraded to 2.0.1) and do have an echo. I can go about 30 seconds into the call and then the callers can not hear me and I have to revert to using the phone itself. I have not tried the phone with my Garmin GPS to see if this has the issue.

Likely, the issue is with the onboard Bluetooth system and not the iPhone. I believe, the bluetooth system has to be certified and who knows if it is.

Alan2k
Well I would certainly not want to upgrade from the 2G iPhone to the 3G iPhone if it means my new phone will not work well with the Camry Hybrid's bluetooth system. Frankly, there is almost no difference between the 2G iPhone and the 3G iPhone, if the 2G works with my car's bluetooth and the 3G does not, there is simply no way I would make the switch.

Also, I do not think the problem is with the Camry, the 3G iPhone has that echo problem with a very large list of cars.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alan2k

Alan2k
My TCH also has NAV and I have the exact same problem! I thought it was ok at first but after a few calls and nobody being able to hear me after a few seconds, I realized it is NOT OK! I would be really suprised if anyone has a working Iphone 3G setup with their car...

Old 08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mine works fine. I will sometimes hear a short echo but it corrects itself and goes away.

Many users recommend turning up the bluetooth volume on the phone. I have the car bluetooth volume up high too.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast

I have the TCH with nav. My 3G Iphone has an echo, but it is not too bad and those on the other end don't have a problem hearing me. My old Iphone with 2.0.1 had no echo. The problem is definately the phone, not the car system. I have not tested my Garmin to see if there is an echo, but it also worked fine with the old phone, except for a short period when Apple updated the firmware, in Jan 08, and the Garmin stopped working. The next firmware update from Apple solved the problem. My guess is that this is an Apple software issue which will eventually be solved with future firmware updates.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

New firmware was released today. Apple doesn't say what it fixes....

Old 08-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by backupguy
New firmware was released today. Apple doesn't say what it fixes....
Yea "bug fixes"! LOL
I updated to 2.0.2 and I think it may have fixed the bluetooth issue!! I did not get a chance to do in depth testing, but a quick call on my way to work today and the caller could actually hear me and there was VERY little echo (this is a first since I had the phone).
I will test it further and report back!
How about the rest of you? Do you think there was any improvement?

Quick Reply: iPhone 3G? Help!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands