Impatient...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 09:08 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Impatient...

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
I feel your folks pain. However I'm getting ready for my first oil change next week as I hit 5000 miles.

(Sorry, but it's been that kind of a day so far and I just have to rub it in)
In response, I have to say .

Old 06-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I guess I will post about my impatience as well.

I have been waiting for about 5 weeks now, but I think I might have a first for this site: I am getting my TCH thanks to a dealer trade!

A dealer that has been working very hard for me to try to get me a TCH finally got one with Nav allocated to them (I wanted a loaded one with Nav in either Blue Ribbon or Magnetic Gray). It was going to arrive next week, but the only problem was that it was Titanium . He told me that he was going to see if he could find one in the colors that I wanted, and I got a call today that they worked out a deal with an Indiana dealer who had a Mag Gray, but their customer wanted Titanium. What I think helped my cause was that "my" titanium one was coming in earlier than the gray one, so the "other guy/gal" gets the color they want, AND they get it EARLIER. So now I have to wait until the first week of July...

The deal they worked out was just to swap the allocations, so the gray one will now be delivered to my dealer in Michigan, while the silver one goes to Indiana.

I probably would have been more excited about blue ribbon, but gray is GOOD!

Now, I am counting down the days, and I am retrieving 2 of the 4 deposits I had at other dealers (the ones that I have heard absolutely NOTHING from in the last 5 weeks).

Last edited by spiff72; 06-21-2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

My wait is coming to an end! The dealer received all my paperwork and my check today, the auto transporters and I have worked out a place to deliver it to and then... Friday b/w 12 and 1, I will finally be the proud owner of a Super White with Ash interior TCH, fully-loaded! Congratulations to everyone who has theirs already and patience to everyone else!

Old 06-21-2006, 06:21 PM

On a side note, I crane my neck to check all of the 07 Camry's for Hybrid badging. I have yet to see one in my area (West Michigan), but I think I saw one today. It looked like Jasper Pearl (I was a long distance away, so it might have been Aloe Green), so I presume it was a Hybrid. Unfortunately, my light turned red, and I couldn't chase it down.

I never would have thought that the Jasper Pearl color would be the first one I see! I still won't count this one, though, since I am not 100% sure.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:40 AM
Enthusiast

Spiff, i think you are the first to post about a dealer trade, but I actually got mine that way too. My dealer in MD found a dealer in NY that was getting a fully loaded gold TCH in and they wanted a silver Prius for their customer. The trade was made before I knew it and two weeks after I made the request to my dealer I was driving away! (Had to wait for it to get off the boat and get here and all that stuff...). I got the car a week ago today and love it! I'm already on my second tank of gas (it was a busy weekend!).

I also crane my neck whenever I see a new Camry. I saw two on the way to work today but neither were Hybrids. I saw a Jasper Avalon a couple of days ago and was very confused about seeing a Jasper Toyota without the hybrid logos until I got close enough to see that it was an Avalon. Spiff, just count the Jasper car you saw as an Avalon and consider yourself the first in your area to get one.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by greenGirl
Spiff, just count the Jasper car you saw as an Avalon and consider yourself the first in your area to get one.
Will do! I like being #1...

Old 06-22-2006, 06:41 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenGirl
Spiff, i think you are the first to post about a dealer trade, but I actually got mine that way too. My dealer in MD found a dealer in NY that was getting a fully loaded gold TCH in and they wanted a silver Prius for their customer. The trade was made before I knew it and two weeks after I made the request to my dealer I was driving away! (Had to wait for it to get off the boat and get here and all that stuff...). I got the car a week ago today and love it! I'm already on my second tank of gas (it was a busy weekend!).

I also crane my neck whenever I see a new Camry. I saw two on the way to work today but neither were Hybrids. I saw a Jasper Avalon a couple of days ago and was very confused about seeing a Jasper Toyota without the hybrid logos until I got close enough to see that it was an Avalon. Spiff, just count the Jasper car you saw as an Avalon and consider yourself the first in your area to get one.
The Avalon isn't available in Jasper Pearl. Jasper Pearl is a color unique to the TCH in the current Toyota lineup. Avalon is available in Silver Pine Mica, which is the same pale green that is available for the Prius.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

The guy driving the truck with my TCH on it called about an hour and a half ago saying that he could be here at a quarter to 11PM with my car and if I wanted it to be delivered then, instead of tomorrow afternoon. OF COURSE, I said "Yes! Absolutely!" I didn't have the cashier's check necessary to pay for the delivery though because I was planning on getting it tomorrow morning.

So, I called my bank, convinced them to increase my ATM withdrawal limit, pulled out the money necessary, ran to the grocery store and got a money order. As the cclerk as processing it, the driver calls and says "No no, I'm just going to come tomorrow morning at 8 or 9 instead. Is that OK?"

Of course, I understand the guy is tired because he drove non-stop from Atlanta to here and was still a little while's away, so I said yes and asked him to come promptly at 8AM.

I almost wish he hadn't called tonight! I got so excited and pumped that my car was going to arrive a whole 12 hours early! It's ok though. I ran out with the boyfriend to Target and got some mats for the floors so muddy, wet shoes never EVER touch the carpet. Not gonna get much sleep tonight!

So,