I test-drove a Camry Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Geek
Default Re: I test-drove a Camry Hybrid

There's not much point in going back to it since one test drive isn't worth 4 pages of dialogue. Unlike a real car review, I can't say anything more about it since I'm no longer driving it.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast

I've never gotten a thread closed, so I have no idea what you are talking about. I am actually one of the most "practical" reader of these threads and the most frugle person you will ever know. And when I said "I am just trying to understand the real reason a practical person would do what you are doing.", I am referring to the fact of why you are trading in a five month old 06 HCH based on the reasons you provide. It sounds like you are "reaching" to me. There is a psychological term for what I think is going on with CGame, but I can't seem to recall it.

And to respond to that other guy's comments, only about 5% of the topics on these types of newsgroups is "sound information". The majority of the posts are laughable, but I still read them every now and then to catch the important stuff (recall info., changes for the next model year, etc.).

Cheers!

Old 05-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chilly
I am a Hybrid owner I care about 0-60 times. Guess your guarantee ain't worth much.
You mean there are actually people out there that have purchased a Highlander Hybrid? I thought none existed!!!

Just kidding. G-wiz...some people get so angry over the smallest things.

Old 05-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Geek

Originally Posted by Jacky
I've never gotten a thread closed, so I have no idea what you are talking about
I apologize; I thought it was you, as I seem to recall there was some argument involving you somewhere, but perhaps not. The thread I'd been thinking of actually devolved into bickering between me and xcel, not you.

Old 05-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Do gauges change colour when you exceed an MPG target?

Hi,
I think the gauges are the exact ones from the Lexus IS. On the IS, both the speed and RPM have pale blue LEDs running around them, and when you exceed a certain RPM or speed (at user selectable, independent levels), the LEDs go from blue to red. It would be cool if the Camry Hybrid had user selectible points for each.

I ordered mine, and will have it in 1 week!

Will post full report when I have it.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Geek

Please do, TOH!

Old 05-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Location: Two miles N of the technology 'center-of-the-world' in 1903, on the Outer Banks of NC

From a 4-time Camry owner, now Prius owner and purveyor of hybrids IMO this vehicle will storm the charts. I am biased for sure but the looks of this Gen and the enticing power/economy will make this the one everyone wants.

There is nothing odd-looking or too expensive about this vehicle. It hits the center of the market at a time when everyone is keenly aware of economy.

Hmmmm. Conspiracy Theororists Unite!!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

I went to my Toyota dealer today to take a look at a TCH. They had only one, fully loaded for about $30,800. The saleman almost immediately asked if I wanted to drive it and of course I said yes. I drove it off the lot in electric mode, pretty neat! Once we got on a two lane country road I put the cruise on at a little over 40 mph. I was really jazzed as I watched it easily go into all electric mode several times. A slight rise in the road and it would turn the ICE back on. It all happened very smoothly. I jumped on it a couple of times and was very impressed with the acceleration. It had more than enough power to get you going in a hurry. After about a 20 min. test drive I had averaged 38.3 mpg. I didn't do anything special except use the cruise part of the time. I never went over 60 mph. It seemed much easier to get good gas mileage in the TCH than in my HAH. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the lack of road feel. The ride was a little too smooth and floaty for my taste. However if I was in the market for a new car and I had to pick between the HAH and the TCH, I probably would go for the TCH. For approximately $2000 less than the HAH costs, you get better mileage, more features and the ability to drive in electric mode. The car was available to buy, and I was really tempted to go for it.

Old 05-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
No TCH will ever get 60 mpg in total....
The challenge is set! Now I'm gonna hafta get a TCH just to see if I can hit 60 mpg for a tank. I bet any of the members of the "fantastic 4 + 1" could do it. Surely X, RJ, Dan, Rick or Dave could hit 60 easy?

BTW I care about 0-60 times to a point. My HCH is just barely fast enough. Anything slower would be unacceptable. That said, my HCH is fast enough and anything faster would be a waste.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Enthusiast

Wow, I will say that the Camry Hybrid sounds like the car that my wife thought we were buying when we got the Accord Hybrid last fall. Looks like they have positioned it roughly half way between the HAH and the Prius, both in performance and gas mileage. I'm still happy with our car, but I predict that Toyota will sell a ton of these. I looked up the federal tax credit on the Camry Hybrid and it is $1300. I wonder what the state of Colorado's credit will be because we got almost $3000 back from the state on our Accord Hybrid.

Quick Reply: I test-drove a Camry Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands