I have noticed

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 05:46 AM
WVGasGuy
Default I have noticed

I once attended a human interaction seminar. It was unstructured sessions with few "rules" and instruction. In it certain things arrise that are typical of groups, leaders rise, cliques start, etc. Being a conservative rural republican I thought it was a bunch of hogwash. However I have seen the world grow change around me.

I considered the hybrid a more "liberal" vehicle of choice and knowing just how much diversity is valued by the world (especially liberals) today I have been following with grinning interest the formation of a clique withing the brother (and sister) hood of TCH owners.

I've now learned that there is a world of hybrid and non-hybrid drivers. Within the hybrid group there is a new movement of owners like us purchasing a traditional, non-geeky looking Camry hybrid. Somewhat of a "new direction" type of normal folks that have joined the hybrid revolution.

Next step just had to be the elitist group that seperates themselves further.

Take notice BLUES! We will not bow down to the Blue Ribbon hybrid owners. And for those of you with the stripped Blue's take note the elite will soon shun you as well and they will no longer share with you the secret wave. Choose your side now; be an equal with the rest of us or take your chance with the BLUES.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I have noticed

I don't get this post

Old 08-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
I once attended a human interaction seminar. It was unstructured sessions with few "rules" and instruction. In it certain things arrise that are typical of groups, leaders rise, cliques start, etc. Being a conservative rural republican I thought it was a bunch of hogwash. However I have seen the world grow change around me.

I considered the hybrid a more "liberal" vehicle of choice and knowing just how much diversity is valued by the world (especially liberals) today I have been following with grinning interest the formation of a clique withing the brother (and sister) hood of TCH owners.

I've now learned that there is a world of hybrid and non-hybrid drivers. Within the hybrid group there is a new movement of owners like us purchasing a traditional, non-geeky looking Camry hybrid. Somewhat of a "new direction" type of normal folks that have joined the hybrid revolution.

Next step just had to be the elitist group that seperates themselves further.

Take notice BLUES! We will not bow down to the Blue Ribbon hybrid owners. And for those of you with the stripped Blue's take note the elite will soon shun you as well and they will no longer share with you the secret wave. Choose your side now; be an equal with the rest of us or take your chance with the BLUES.
Is this in response to the Blue Ribbon related posts in the "The Wait is over!!!" thread?

If so, pay no attention to them anyway. Everybody knows that Jasper Pearl is the COOLEST color for the TCH.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Camry Hybrid Owner

I agree!

Old 08-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Wait 'till it's time to sell it.
You'll never see a rent-a-car in that color for good reason.
I stick with the basics when it comes to color.
J

Old 08-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Can't we all just get along?

Old 08-13-2006, 04:32 PM
WVGasGuy

Can't we all just get along?

Now you understand my post

Old 08-13-2006, 07:16 PM
I don't roll on Shabbos

Woah, everybody.....let's just take a step back for a second and survey the situation.

No matter WHAT color it is, we all made (what I feel to be) a prudent purchase in the TCH. I just happen to enjoy my car's color or trim level because I invested so much time waiting for it. But (and this is the important part), I don't feel my TCH is inherently BETTER than any other color or trim level. I was just showing my pride, and, in retrospect it looks like my zeal may have gone a little TOO far. For that, I apologize to all of you if I came across as elitist/snotty. It's simply not in my nature.

Let's celebrate diversity within the TCH community. Hell, we're all here and posting for the same reasons, right? We all love our cars, we're all concerned that we get the best FE possible, to find the best wash/wax products, etc. - in short, we're ALL willing to lend a helping hand when necessary. For example, I was so impressed by the level of cameraderie here that I felt compelled to do my part and do research on the tax form and the price points on the 7 yr/100 k mile/0 deductible warranty. I love to help others, and I wanted to repay you ALL for the kindness you've bestowed upon me and my fellow TCH owners.

Thanks for hearing me out. Now, get out there and enjoy your new cars.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

By all means enjoy your car.
A statement was made that a particular color was the "COOLEST" which precludes all the other colors. I personally am at an age where color is almost irrelevant and I look more at the practicality of things which, by the way, dirves my wife nuts.
It is a know fact that color does affect trade-in values. Just look at Edmunds. So while a particular color may be "COOL" today I suggested it might not be as "COOL" when it comes to sell the car. Perhaps that is irrelevant to some and if I offended those I am sorry but, like I said, I tend to be more of a practical person and for this I am not sorry.
J

Old 08-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hmm...is there something subtle in my TCH color choice?

I bought Barcelona Red...and I work in Republican politics. Never occured to me that there could be a link before I read WV's post...

Ha.

Quick Reply: I have noticed

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands