I got the wave!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default I got the wave!!!

I was on the way home from the airport from getting some relatives when a Prius went by. He beeped his horn and gave me the thumbs up. First time I've received the secret hybrid handshake.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I got the wave!!!

I almost waved at a Prius driver today, but I was walking .

Old 08-17-2006, 07:27 PM

Goood for yoouuuuuu! (South Park Reference) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PujB8J6vyO8

Old 08-17-2006, 08:42 PM

Hey, I got a wave from a Hummer a couple of days ago...although it was with a different finger. Hmm....

Old 08-18-2006, 07:11 AM
Enthusiast

The only recognition I've gotten was in a grocery store car park, the guy in his SUV was parked next to me and gave me the Thumbs Up as we pulled away.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:20 AM

Buy a MINI... you will always get the wave.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

I hope you returned the 'wave' and honked profusely. What an ***.

Originally Posted by Freeze
Hey, I got a wave from a Hummer a couple of days ago...although it was with a different finger. Hmm....

Old 08-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

That is cool you got the secret wave Marc! My friend gets and gives the wave all the time in his prius, but I haven't seen one yet in my TCH. Whenever a prius drives by I always hope they will notice the HSD badges on my camry.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:35 AM

Good for you! Some of us have problems with this ( see https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...deas.8963.html. ) Any input on how we can all be 'in on it?' Because it's not always easy to identify someone else's hybrid, if you don't already recognize it. That's why it's even more impressive that someone waved at you in your TCH- they're so new, many other hybrid drivers may not know their 'look.' Yet.

Last edited by leahbeatle; 08-23-2006 at 09:56 AM. Reason: fixing the parenthesis
Old 08-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
Good for you! Some of us have problems with this (see [url] https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/universal-sign-for-hybrids-ideas.8963.html
The link that leahbeatle gave us included a ')' which won't work...I have cut that off of the quote so hopefully it will now!

Speaking of waves, we went camping this weekend (not in the TCH) but I did see 2 (!) just like mine...Jasper Green! I think because of that unique color they do stand out! I waved at them, but because of the distance I imagine they didn't see...but there are two in the Tacoma, WA area!

Oh, and on the ferry ride we saw a 2006 Prius...pretty blue... so we went over and talked to her... I think she appreciated the attention and was just as enthusiastic as I am!

Quick Reply: I got the wave!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands