Hybrid Rebirth

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hybrid Rebirth

I have not posted much here because forums are mostly for problem solving and sense I have had no problems…well you get the picture. Anyway gas prices have been somewhat reasonable at least until the last 5 month or so and I believe our beloved hybrids are about to become very popular and scarce once again. Man I am an opportunist and I smell a profit coming on by selling my year old (to me) Camry, but than what would I do?
What I do know is I would be rather sitting in a Hybrid now and not be on the outside looking for one …yea I know there still out there but I don’t think I would wait much longer.
Saving gas+money in WV
dusty

Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Rebirth

It's a car, not a Picasso. Every time gas goes up a few pennies, people dream of retiring based upon the value of the car. It's a car, drive it safely, but make sure you still contribute to your IRA.
In five years the car will be worth $8000, more or less.
One other thing, as soon as economy recovers to the point that the Fed starts raising rates, the dollar will rally and oil will come down some...and then the hybrids will be worth even less.
It's just a car, enjoy it

Old 04-15-2011, 04:42 AM
Professor Emeritus

Sell it and get a Lexus CT 200h.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Pragmatist

The only people who make money on used cars are used car dealers. They make a few hundred bucks per car, and have to move a lot of cars to make a living.

As an individual, a car is an expense, not an investment. If you enjoy your car, you can think of it as entertainment expense. Otherwise, it is just transportation expense. Either way, it is "expense", not "investment".

Having said that, I do like to have a reliable, entertaining, recent-model vehicle. So, for me, it is at least partially "entertainment" expense.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
... So, for me, it is at least partially "entertainment" expense.
For me, it's just a piece of metal that takes me from point A to point B...that birds crap on.
If I wanted to make money on transportation, I'd sell the car buy a CD and with the interest, buy a bicycle or a monthly bus pass.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Enthusiast

I get what your thinking. A dealer will be more aggressive when you are selling a car that will resell fast. If I take in my Tundra and want a Camry Hybrid i will get less then i would if gas was 1.50.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands