How effectice are energy tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default How effectice are energy tires?

I am truly enjoying my TCH except they way it handles through corners, bends, ramps etc. No I'm not a boy racer but I do enjoy feeling a car on the ragged edge of adhesion once in a while and besides if I don't have to slow down I don't have to waste fuel regaining that speed

My TCH came equipped with the Michelin Energy MXs, even at the correct pressure these tires do not appear flat at the bottom which I assume helps them roll resistance free or free'er. Trouble is when pushed it feels like they roll over onto the sidewall and give up. I realize that struts, springs and roll bars need to be upgraded to make a complete difference but I feel these 60 series tires are the biggest culprits and 50s would make an improvement. For the tire circumference to remain the same I would have to use 18" 50s.

The question remains, how much do my Michelin Energy tires add to the fuel economy?

Old 05-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How effectice are energy tires?

There have been many previous posts on this subject. Search on my name and you'll find at least one. Suffice to say, I think you got the best tires for this kind of car.