Heated Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 07:16 PM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: Heated Mirrors

Mine came as part of the convenience package. I can't really believe there is anything they could install for $30 and not lose money on unless it's all already there and they simply have to connect the wires. How for $30 can they change out the mirrors? Then again someone mentioned that the mirrors were installed at the port. Is that all mirrors or just the heated ones? I would have assumed my car arrived just as I have it and the port didn't have to install anything. If not that seems incrediably ineffecient. Then again I still have not figured out the SE USA Area add ons and other dealer add on's being mentioned.

Why would dealers alreading making $3000 on full MSRP sales be worried about these minor options. Seriously heated mirrors in Hawaii? Perhaps if you live on top of one of the mountain peaks you might need it?

Now I did see pinstripes with a small Toyota emblem (like 1/2") embedded in it that I thought was cool. I don't know if the dealer did that or what, but I did like it.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:29 PM
HSD Organic Interface

In Canada heated mirrors are standard equipment on all Camry models, but we don't get the CE here (it's not good enough for us ).

I have them on my Sienna and it's great not having to keep clearing mirrors during a nasty snowstorm. It also even has a defroster grid under the wipers to keep the wipers from icing up too. Would be nice if the Camry had that option too.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You don't ever have dew on your side view mirrors? It should work well for that as well as frost.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

I may be mistaking but I believe the heated mirrors were supposed to be standard as stated in the original literature before the release. Afterwards, it was either a $30 charge for the heated mirror option or is included in the charge for the convenience package with the heated leather seats.

The big question is...does anybody own one without the heated mirrors?

Lets see....$30 times aproximately 4000 cars per month = $120,000 a month in extra profit

But hey, I imagine they are great for cleaning the morning dew off the windows for those like me whose garage no longer is used for vehicle storage.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Enthusiast

The saleslady I spoke with said that the heated mirrors are installed at the factory.

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
Mine came as part of the convenience package. I can't really believe there is anything they could install for $30 and not lose money on unless it's all already there and they simply have to connect the wires. How for $30 can they change out the mirrors? Then again someone mentioned that the mirrors were installed at the port. Is that all mirrors or just the heated ones? I would have assumed my car arrived just as I have it and the port didn't have to install anything. If not that seems incrediably ineffecient. Then again I still have not figured out the SE USA Area add ons and other dealer add on's being mentioned.

Why would dealers alreading making $3000 on full MSRP sales be worried about these minor options. Seriously heated mirrors in Hawaii? Perhaps if you live on top of one of the mountain peaks you might need it?

Now I did see pinstripes with a small Toyota emblem (like 1/2") embedded in it that I thought was cool. I don't know if the dealer did that or what, but I did like it.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:54 PM
it's just a car...

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
... They turn on when the rear defroster is activated.
Good to know -- thanks for posting this!