Has tax credit ended for TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Has tax credit ended for TCH?

Also, the nissan altima has the same drive train as the TCH (under license from Toyota), and still qualifies for the US federal tax credit, which is $2350 for that model.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keithet
Not if you live in Canada/ Province of Ontario. Federal credit of $2,000 and the same for the prov credit. Unfortunately, I bought mine BEFORE they instituted the Federal credit.
Federal credit is only $1500. I'm still waiting for mine - they acknowledged receipt of the application more than a month ago.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris_h
Also, the nissan altima has the same drive train as the TCH (under license from Toyota), and still qualifies for the US federal tax credit, which is $2350 for that model.
True, but I believe someone said something about the Altima using belts where the TCH doesn't, which could incur more wear and tear. (This is vaguely remembered info I don't feel like searching on, lol.) And the credit is $250 less than the TCH credit was, which presumably indicates a reduction in hybrid-y goodness...

Old 01-15-2008, 08:35 AM

The NAH is not the same car as the TCH.........it's a Nissan!! Toyota has been producing hybrid's since 1996 and have been available here in the US since model year 2000 (Prius). The hybrid technology in HSD is fifth generation. How long has Nissan been producing hybrids?? I think not nearly as long as Toyota............they owned the patent on the technology until a year or so ago. Hence.......much more PROVEN technology.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:08 AM

Yeah but point is they're licensing the HSD technology for the NAH. But sounds like they're doing something different with it that may not be as reliable, etc. Oh but by Wikipedia looks like limited availability, only CA and the northeast. At least for 07. Though also looks like they're saying 07 is the only model they're using Toyota hybrid technology? I dunno.