Happy with your Camry Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Camry Freak
Default Re: Happy with your Camry Hybrid?

1. Mostly satisfied. My car has a few interior quality issues, such as a windshield rattle and a passenger b-pillar rattle. Other than that I really love it. Awesome features, awesome value, and 1 1/2 years later, still getting looks from others at gas stations, and people at work are still jealous.

2. City mileage varies. On short trips (10 minutes or less) the mileage sucks- 25-30mpg. On longer trips, (10 minutes or longer) the mileage improves dramatically- 38-40mpg. Note that if you live in a northern climate, mileage will fall. (my winter average in Wisconsin in about 32-34mpg from November-March.)

Old 08-23-2008, 12:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

2-City mileage depends on the city

Some consider city driving to be any non-highway driving, which could include long stretches (1/2 mile or more) of 30-40 miles per hour driving. Anyone driving in Manhattan can attest that there are no such roads in the city. In addition, the hilly northern (winter) cities tend to kill mileage compared to the flat southern and western cities.
I'll answer YMMV

Old 08-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Professional Hacker

Originally Posted by 07CamHybrid
1. Mostly satisfied. My car has a few interior quality issues, such as a windshield rattle and a passenger b-pillar rattle.
There is a service bulletin for the Windshield. Take it in, the dealer has the parts in stock to fix it.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

We are very happy with our TCH. We have a 35 mile commute to work, a combination of city and highway 39-41 MPG avg.

12,000 miles and no problems at all. Very comfortable car on trips, we would purchase one again. Long live the TCH!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

1. Love my 2007 Barcelona Red TCH especially when trying to remember when and where I last got Gas!

2. Ditto previous comments including yours since I live in a hilly area as well. We just got back from a trip to WA state and even with hills, mtns and lots of AC, we averaged just over 40mpg for the entire trip!

(PS last time I got gas was Bend OR! drove home to the Bay Area, drove this last week around town and am hoping that gas prices have dropped again cuz my light's on!

Old 08-23-2008, 01:57 PM

I am in the worst 1% of the TCH mpg experience according to this forum.

Still, I'll bet that I am in the top 1% for happiness with the car.

Reason: I drive so many extremely short trips that I have never been able to average better than about 60% of the EPA city mpg number in any of my cars; so, even in the range of under 30 mpg, I'm using only about half the fuel I would use in any standard or intermediate size ICE car -- and less than half of what I was using in the car I came out of.

That's better than I was hoping for !

And regarding:
Originally Posted by haroldo
2-City mileage depends on the city

Some consider city driving to be any non-highway driving, which could include long stretches (1/2 mile or more) of 30-40 miles per hour driving. Anyone driving in Manhattan can attest that there are no such roads in the city. In addition, the hilly northern (winter) cities tend to kill mileage compared to the flat southern and western cities.
I'll answer YMMV
Here in Houston, most folks use a highway for nearly all "city" trips.

I, on the other hand, do not. If I make a 1/2 mile trip with a cold engine and a low SOC, I can get under 10 mpg. On the same trip with a warm engine and a high SOC, I can get over 60 mpg. On various kinds of city trips, I can get anywhere in between those limits,......... and I usually do !

Last edited by Smilin' Jack; 08-23-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: typos
Old 08-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Camry Freak

Originally Posted by Intrus
There is a service bulletin for the Windshield. Take it in, the dealer has the parts in stock to fix it.
I took it in several months ago and they performed the TSB. That fixed it for a short while. Then my windshield had a nice encounter with a rock, and needed to be replaced. After the windshield was replaced with another Toyota OEM windshield, the rattle returned.

My dealer took 3-4 days to perform the TSB the first time, I need to find time in my schedule to take it back. (If they'll do the TSB again).

Old 08-24-2008, 01:19 PM

I'm happy with my TCH. After 15,000 miles and an average of 40-43mpg, i am very happy. I have had no issues with the car so far after just over a year. I hope to keep it for many years as it is now paid for!! I plan on getting my money's worth!!!

Old 08-25-2008, 04:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

1. Fairly happy, my TCH isn't the nicest car I've owned but I bought for the Fuel Economy not style. If you are looking at TCH's make sure you get one with Michelin tires not the Bridgestone rim protectors... Changing over to Michelins at 5K miles really improved my TCH. It should have been delivered with better tires to begin with...

2. As far as MPG I commute 44 miles (round trip) daily in a hilly, bad traffic area of north metro Atlanta. I'm not playing all the hypermiling tricks...some of those games would get you run over or shot around here! I have cranked up the tire pressure to 36PSI but that was for handling and comfort as much as any possible MPG gains.... See below for my overall fuel economy...

Last edited by RedLdr1; 08-25-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Along for the ride.....

love it

32 to 38 depending on how I'm driving it (occasional lead foot syndrome)

Quick Reply: Happy with your Camry Hybrid?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands