Handy Bag Hooks

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:01 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Handy Bag Hooks

One of the small things I missed having in my TCH was the bag hooks my Honda had on the back of the console. I like to hang a garbage bag in the back seat for the trash that would otherwise accumulate in the console area.

I just found some add on metal car hooks that go around the head restraint posts and allow hanging a trash bag on the back of the passenger seat. They can also be used to hang other items, in the front or back of a seat, as well... Here is a link to them:

http://www.talusproducts.com/highroa...aspx?pNum=1855

You could make something similar with a old metal coat hanger if you want to save five bucks... I prefer the finished look of these...

Old 05-30-2008, 06:21 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Handy Bag Hooks

I just toss my trash out the window just like those smokers tossing their cigerette buds!

Just kidding and I don't smoke.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Those hooks are cool, but the bags have got to go. $3.00 buys you a decent looking non-disposable bag.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My wife started putting a small trash bag in the TCH and hanging it out of the closed glove compartment door. It's convenient to use and she throws the bag away when we get home. She said she buys a good sized roll of them for $2. This is from the Family Dollar Store people.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I use the newspaper plastic wrapper. I leave it on the floor on the passenger side of the car. When it's full, I throw it out.
It's free.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elsifer
Those hooks are cool, but the bags have got to go. $3.00 buys you a decent looking non-disposable bag.
Yes, and in a couple of months later I can replace it when it smells nasty or gets slimy. Been there, done that...too many times. If I could find a hanging bag that would consistently keep a cheap throw away liner straight in it I would consider it.

Until then I prefer to toss the whole package. I use these small "Trash Tosser" bags I pick up in Publix: http://www.blinkanditsdone.com/index_en.html The dispenser hangs on the back of the seat so I can easily grab another when it's time to clean up.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Enthusiast

To me it's like putting a garbage can in the middle of your living room. I think I will continue to just use a bag in the rear console box and empty it out when it's full.