Got my star today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Got my star today!

Hey, everybody! I sure wish you'd all update your location information so I can better correlate all you "stars" with us "non-stars". I suspect most of the stars live in warmer areas. If you're concerned about nuts tracking you down, how about you give a general area like "Southern California", or "Desert SW" or something. I don't need your zip code!

Old 04-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by bmgoodman
Hey, everybody! I sure wish you'd all update your location information so I can better correlate all you "stars" with us "non-stars". I suspect most of the stars live in warmer areas. If you're concerned about nuts tracking you down, how about you give a general area like "Southern California", or "Desert SW" or something. I don't need your zip code!
bmgoodman, you are correct. I do live in a much warmer area than you do: Houston TX area, to be precise. As for updating location information, do you mean as part of the poster's profile so you can see it right here on this forum? Most of us did post zips on the mileage db, and those are clickeable links... IMHO, zips are still generic enough (in most cases) that it'd be hard to truly track us down (or so I hope).

Old 04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Got my star today!

Originally Posted by Paulgw
Still looking for the secret to high mileage, I have been driving like a wimp and still get poor results, as you can see!
Paul, I think the wimpish driving is killing your fuel economy. See my just-added comment to the Buyer's Remorse post that might give you a good clue.

The short summary is that a wimpish driving will significantly delay your getting to optimal cruising speeds, and it's when you're cruising or gliding that you'll get the big rewards. When I became more manly <ahem> about my driving style, my mileage skyrocketed.

Good luck!

Old 09-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just got mine also!!! But I don' know how to get it added to my signature when I post a message. Can anyone help???

Old 09-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

I found the corect notes and code to add my signature. All set (i hope)