gas question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:53 AM
blahhhhhh!
Default gas question?

I rolled my car into work this morning in EV mode, my gas range indicator dropped to 0 miles to empty (I get to work at 6 am, no gas stations open that early on my back-road-10-mile-shorter-but-still-a-35-mile-drive to work) Am I gonna be able to make it to the nearest gas station (~3 miles away?) or should I be calling AAA now? I have only had the car about 2 weeks and I didn't intend for to run it so low.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:03 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: gas question?

It indicates zero miles when you have about 2 gallons left. They want to make sure you don't actually run out.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KTLane
I rolled my car into work this morning in EV mode, my gas range indicator dropped to 0 miles to empty (I get to work at 6 am, no gas stations open that early on my back-road-10-mile-shorter-but-still-a-35-mile-drive to work) Am I gonna be able to make it to the nearest gas station (~3 miles away?) or should I be calling AAA now? I have only had the car about 2 weeks and I didn't intend for to run it so low.
Hey KT, if you are getting in the 30s for mpg, then you have at least 60 miles left. I always drive 60 miles past 0 or E and the most I have ever put it was 16.2 gallons when I did 80 past. I usually make a note of the trip A reading (which is the miles so far on the tank) and just fill up accordingly.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Dazed and Confused

I will see your 60 miles and raise you to 100 miles after DTE 0.

One time I even put a gallon of gas in the trunk, and drove 130+ miles past DTE 0 and never ran out of fuel.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:03 AM
blahhhhhh!

geez, okay! haha and here I was worrying about driving 3 miles

Old 10-16-2007, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by ag4ever
I will see your 60 miles and raise you to 100 miles after DTE 0.

One time I even put a gallon of gas in the trunk, and drove 130+ miles past DTE 0 and never ran out of fuel.
I am a little more cautious...I plan on getting stuck many times this winter as it will be the first time driving a car in snow in over 7 years (I wont be able to over those large snow piles anymore... )

Old 10-16-2007, 08:47 AM
blahhhhhh!

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
I am a little more cautious...I plan on getting stuck many times this winter as it will be the first time driving a car in snow in over 7 years (I wont be able to over those large snow piles anymore... )

tell me about it, I'm gonna miss the 4wd (but I won't miss how much gas it wastes) My driveway is pretty much impassable to any car that's attempted to get out of it in more than 3 inches of snow. Luckily my neighbor owns an auto parts store and is good about letting me park there in the winter. I can't wait to move somewhere where snow is a rarity.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 AM

tell me about it, I'm gonna miss the 4wd (but I won't miss how much gas it wastes) My driveway is pretty much impassable to any car that's attempted to get out of it in more than 3 inches of snow. Luckily my neighbor owns an auto parts store and is good about letting me park there in the winter. I can't wait to move somewhere where snow is a rarity.
Heck I had 2WD and never got stuck! You know, it snows a lot more in Syracuse than up there. But please do keep the -40 :-)

Old 10-16-2007, 10:20 AM
blahhhhhh!

yeah, with the whole lake effect BS (i went to college to be a meteorologist, now I make drugs for hormone replacement therapy) I'd trade 10 feet of snow for the -40. After one particularly heinous snowstorm (I think we only got 10" but it was fat wet snow) I got my 4runner so stuck trying to get out of my driveway that it slid down the hill into my neighbor's yard. ugh, I hate winter!!

Old 10-16-2007, 01:17 PM

yeah, with the whole lake effect BS (i went to college to be a meteorologist, now I make drugs for hormone replacement therapy) I'd trade 10 feet of snow for the -40. After one particularly heinous snowstorm (I think we only got 10" but it was fat wet snow) I got my 4runner so stuck trying to get out of my driveway that it slid down the hill into my neighbor's yard. ugh, I hate winter!!
haha....now shouldn't you be working?

Quick Reply: gas question?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands