A Freaking RAT in my car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A Freaking RAT in my car!

Originally Posted by roseng
If you ever get any animal in the car TURN UP THE RADIO AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE, AM STATIC IF POSSIBLE. Open the doors and wait. In just a few minutes your car will be empty. Also works for squirrels in the attic too.
That's a great idea! I wish I'd known about that in 1987 when a family of sheep invaded my car in Northern Utah when I stopped to take scenic pictures and left my doors open (again).

Unfortunately this was after 11pm in my driveway, on our quiet cul-de-sac.

The sight of me out there, in a tactical firing position with a BB gun barrel pointed inside the car was disturbing enough. Fortunately my neighbors know me well.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by McGyver
The sight of me out there, in a tactical firing position with a BB gun barrel pointed inside the car was disturbing enough. Fortunately my neighbors know me well.
And they DIDN'T find it unusual????

Old 08-01-2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by tbone526
And they DIDN'T find it unusual????
Well, no... See, the last time they found me like that I was hunting a couple of two-legged rats that were in the process of stealing a '65 Impala from the neighbors driveway. And I didn't come out with a BB gun either.

3 months earlier I chased a tweaker out of another neighbors pop-up camper in his back lot storage area. The guy had been living in there, 20 feet behind his daughters bedroom for who knows how long.

So yeah. They pretty much figure I've got a good reason for whatever odd behavior they happen to see.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:34 AM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by McGyver
That's a great idea! I wish I'd known about that in 1987 when a family of sheep invaded my car in Northern Utah when I stopped to take scenic pictures and left my doors open (again).

Unfortunately this was after 11pm in my driveway, on our quiet cul-de-sac.

I see a theme here. Just a suggestion but the keeping the doors open thing... Maybe not a good idea. Just a thought.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

At the risk of being called a wuss, get a have a heart trap, put peanut butter in it and leave it overnight in the car. No fear of blood on your seats, having the poisoned rat crawl away and die in your vents, etc. Then, if you still feel bloodthirsty, you can still kill the rat in any way you feel necessary. (but you will have to look it in the eye first). LOL. Laurie

Old 08-01-2008, 09:56 PM

Have no fear Missouri. I like animals too, though I could live without rats.

True, my first instinct was to blast him into a fine pink mist... but my gentle, peaceful, earth loving neighbors guided me towards the live trap and loaned me one.

That rat has all of tonight to come peacefully into the good karma trap, after that, it's back to plan 'A'. and if he leaves another turd on my seat, then he is just taunting me and all bets are off.

'Caddyshack' may have been a documentary.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Enthusiast

"I smell varmit poon-tang"...