Fog Lights - Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Fog Lights - Suggestions

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to keep looking around and shopping.

I'll let you know what I end up choosing and why.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

I sell these on my website, but I am not a vendor here so I will post my supplier, the retrofit source (great guys)

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...pahtou47v6vftr

These are HANDS DOWN the BEST lights you could add to any vehicle. If you could mount these in the stock position with a little custom work they would potentially out perform the stock projectors.

Here are pics from the TBSS website (with 35w HID 880 bulbs):

b8922692.jpg

b8b04d1c.jpg

-Mike

Old 06-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Professor Emeritus

Originally Posted by jetttstream
Where exactly are you mounting this switch (in the photos). I see no where to mount it? Originally the fog switch was on the stalk wasn't it?

Old 07-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have an odd request: Does anyone have the plastic pieces that they removed to put the fog light in? I mean the ones that come in the holes from the factory.

My kid took off with mom's car and got into an accident that messed up the front end. He's specifically excluded from the insurance, due to previous misadventures, so I have to do the work myself, out-of-pocket. I was able to get the major parts, but I need the drivers' side cover for the fog light opening.

I'm in the Phoenix area, P.M. if you can help.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Since fog lights are a detriment to night time distance vision and very rarely of any positive effect/use why not just leave them unpowered..?

Old 07-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UWAdventurer
Some people have hooked them directly to their low beam wiring. I have always used a separate switch. You would have to splice into the wiring, my only worry is warranty issues if you tap into the factory wiring. Good luck.
Might want to check into looking at the electrical schematics of the vehicle, there may already be a fuse location specifically for fog lights. My Supra had such a fuse location that was without a fuse. I tied in there and ran that to the switch (which in your case might even have the wiring and/or spot for installing the switch).

Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast

I did an installation two years back and posted my pics.
My 'DIY' $150 2009 TCH-SE Kit

There is no wiring behind the vent inserts.

I have since had to replace the first one I bought on amazon (made in china), because the lenses were plastic, and clouded up from the bulb heat.

The replacements with glass lenses were from a company called freshcabinair.com.

You can go to my thread and read and see what I did.

Steve

Old 07-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sttkailua
I did an installation two years back and posted my pics.
My 'DIY' $150 2009 TCH-SE Kit

There is no wiring behind the vent inserts.

I have since had to replace the first one I bought on amazon (made in china), because the lenses were plastic, and clouded up from the bulb heat.

The replacements with glass lenses were from a company called freshcabinair.com.

You can go to my thread and read and see what I did.

Steve
Thanks Steve for pointing me to your post. I liked your setup that doesn't include a switch and rather have it automatic with the DRL or low/high beams. I was wondering though as to which relay you tapped into? Would it be much trouble if you take a picture of tap and the relay box?

Many thanks,
Ed

Old 07-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Enthusiast

Follow the instruction here at Toyotanation. Even though it is for a regular Camry, it will work for the Camry Hybrid.

The one with "ATM Fuse add a circuit".
No splicing or cutting necessary to the factory wires. Can be removed easily if your worried about warranty.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ed_of_Indy
Thanks Steve for pointing me to your post. I liked your setup that doesn't include a switch and rather have it automatic with the DRL or low/high beams. I was wondering though as to which relay you tapped into? Would it be much trouble if you take a picture of tap and the relay box?

Many thanks,
Ed
Ed,

I believe the wiring harness came with 3 wires that had to be connected.

1. Power - Connected to center bolt in fuse box
2. Ground - Connected to frame
3. Relay - Connected to right side front side light on fender

Can't take picture of relay connection, since it is under the wheel well
splash guards.

Hope this helped.

Steve

Quick Reply: Fog Lights - Suggestions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands