First long trip!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: First long trip!!!

Originally Posted by ag4ever
I was traveling from Padre Island to Houston a few eeeks after we got the TCH. The NAV wanted us to go to San Antonio then to Houston. i am not sure, as it could have just taken us up HWY 59 to Houston. The NAV's route would have been 4 hours longer for a total trip time of 12 hours, not 8 which it should be.
Did you ask the computer to give you a route in the "fastest time"? If so, something is not set right, or you need service on the nav system. You could have it set for "shortest distance" but, 4 hours???? I do not think so. You wouldn't be foolin with us would you?

Old 09-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Roy
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by acco20
Did you ask the computer to give you a route in the "fastest time"? If so, something is not set right, or you need service on the nav system. You could have it set for "shortest distance" but, 4 hours???? I do not think so. You wouldn't be foolin with us would you?

Have it serviced???? You gotta be kidding! Toyota does not give their techs the latest and greatest to service these systems. With the ongoing bluetooth issue, I had to show them the hack to get into the additional diag menus. They did not have in on their laptops.

At 1:00am it would be nice if the sytem didn't skip exits. I had nav system on a 06 Dodge and no problem at all. This thing is quite simply a rip off.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

I agree, the Nav in this car is quite simply a waste of money! Mine has made so many errors that its almost useless. I would recommend that anyone buying skip the factory one and buy a Garmin Nuvi.

Bob

Old 09-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobfl
I agree, the Nav in this car is quite simply a waste of money! Mine has made so many errors that its almost useless. I would recommend that anyone buying skip the factory one and buy a Garmin Nuvi.

Bob
You may not like the unit, but it is NOT useless. There are thousands of these systems getting people where they want to go every day. Don't know what is wrong with your unit, but a replacement may be in order. Good luck.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roy
Have it serviced???? You gotta be kidding! Toyota does not give their techs the latest and greatest to service these systems. With the ongoing bluetooth issue, I had to show them the hack to get into the additional diag menus. They did not have in on their laptops.

At 1:00am it would be nice if the sytem didn't skip exits. I had nav system on a 06 Dodge and no problem at all. This thing is quite simply a rip off.
A replacement may be in order for you also. The least both of you gentleman should do, IMHO, would be to demand the use of a replacement disc, possibly the new 7.1 version to insure the disc is not your problem. Anyway.....good luck

Last edited by acco20; 09-11-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

No problem with my NAV so far, but it is my first so I don't know what I'm missing.

I DO have a question -- is there any way to specify a town as a destination without a street address? Sometimes I just want to head in a general location and want the NAV feedback along the way. I've used POIs, but there are plenty of non-interesting towns.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by talmy
No problem with my NAV so far, but it is my first so I don't know what I'm missing.

I DO have a question -- is there any way to specify a town as a destination without a street address? Sometimes I just want to head in a general location and want the NAV feedback along the way. I've used POIs, but there are plenty of non-interesting towns.
I haven't found one, so I just enter an arbitrary street name with no number. It gets me there. Sort of.