Finally getting my Jasper Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Finally getting my Jasper Pearl

After havinig deposits on a loaded Jasper Pearl since May 3rd I am finally getting it. Southeast Toyota is very limited on allocations of loaded ones. Last allocation yielded 9 out of over 450 units. I had a Virginia dealer looking for me for over a month and was super helpful but nothing coming in thru mid August. Sooooooooooo in desperation I started checking out dealers web sites ( you can get a listing of all dealers by state on tundrasolutions.com ) out of state since I did not want to take delivery after September.

As pure luck would have it, a dealer in Chicago had just received one that was ordered but the deal fell thru. We are flying up Tuesday and driving it back. Big savings too. Dealers here (Florida) like to add a lot of fluff and charge between $399 and $599 doc fee and its only $53 up there with no extra dealer or port installed fluff.

How bout a poll of how far someone had to go to get theirs?

I will post again when we get back with details of the trip (1200 miles) and some pictures after it gets washed.

I have learned so much from every here which has made the transaction easy. Thanks...

Old 07-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Finally getting my Jasper Pearl

I didn't go that far - 103 miles one way - they were the dealer that came through for me.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

You'll love the color. At first it seemed really green but it looks different in different lighting. It is a very unique color and while some people won't like it, you'll get many complements on it. The most negative comment I got was one person said it reminded her of a martian. I've never seen one so I wouldn't know...

Old 07-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

We took a 300 mile round trip in early May to a dealer in Georgia just to see the color and decided that is what we wanted, so the 1200 mile ride back with the new car will be worth it. Was about to give in and accept another color but decided if we are investing that much money we were going to get what we wanted.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

I know there's at least 3 on Oahu...one was a dealer car, one is mine, and there was another new one we saw at the dealer when we picked mine up. Mine was held for me from the first shipment that arrived, it took almost 3 weeks from when the boat hit the dock to when I could pick it up. From reading the comments on this website and the limited availability, it seems like 3 Jasper Pearls for one dealer is a high ratio.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:20 PM

I feel so lazy. The closest dealership is about 8 - 10 miles away, but they offered me squat on my trade in. So I was complaining about having to go to another dealer that's 15 miles away from home.

Old 07-15-2006, 02:38 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Congratulations!

Old 07-15-2006, 03:02 PM

Martians can be very nice... I think the comment was meant as a compliment.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:16 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by Orcrone
I feel so lazy. The closest dealership is about 8 - 10 miles away, but they offered me squat on my trade in. So I was complaining about having to go to another dealer that's 15 miles away from home.
Pretty much my story too, the dealer 7 miles east was slow getting TCHs in, so I drove 15 miles west to another dealer that had one on the lot. Didn't like the color, so placed an order. They had one confirmed for me within 3 days and took delivery 7 days later.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It's so interesting how in different areas people have such different experiences getting their TCH. Where my father is the dealership told him they could get a TCH in 3-4 weeks, but the buyer could not pick the color or options. Here in CT there are loooong waiting lists for the TCH and the Prius. In fact, for the Prius my dealership's inventory manager now tells customers that the wait will be A YEAR. I believe that the waiting list for the TCH is now several months. Good thing we're on the top of the list now .