Factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Factory Alarm

Old thread but I've got an alarm question so thought I'd start it again.

My alarm just went off while car parked in the garage and locked. (Leaving town so locked the car.) When I opened car door the alarm didn't go off! I had to start the car before the alarm went off. Now I'm afraid to lock the car for fear the alarm will go off while I'm gone and neighbors will lynch me for the disturbance!

Now, what caused alarm of car in garage to go off? Why didn't unlocking the door shut off the alarm? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

John

Old 10-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Factory Alarm

I believe it's pressing LOCK or turning the car to IG-ON will shut off the alarm. Unlocking it won't. Using the mechanical key and locking the doors should also shut off the alarm.

As for it going off, no idea. Even if someone hit the mirrors, it'll go off. (I did that while washing our old Camry... I hit the back of the mirror with my elbow and a few seconds later, the alarm went off)