EASY IPOD SOLUTION

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: EASY IPOD SOLUTION

Waterfront, How did you convert your acc file to mp3 with I tunes? I have a lot of acc files I would love to convert but can't seem to find out how to do it in Itunes.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

This was a great solution. Thanks

I listen to audio books via the Ipod and your solution of folders with the MP3 files in them is great as I don't need the Ipod in the car at all (where I would have eventually left it in very cold weather), and can use re-writeable CDs instead.
I can scroll through the "chapters" as each chapter is an MP3 file - and it seems to hold my place in a chapter quite well, although I still need to play with that a bit more to make sure I fully understand when it works. If I switch CDs for example and then return to the audiobook CD it loses my place and starts over, but if I am listening to book and shut the car off, it keeps my place.
I may not be explaining it well, but your solution is very good, and works with music files as well. No more reaching for the IPod in traffic! heh ....or spending extra money for add-in hardware that allows for this same functionality via the Ipod itself.

How can you not enjoy this car?!

Byron

Last edited by ByronJames2003; 10-03-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobfl
Waterfront, How did you convert your acc file to mp3 with I tunes? I have a lot of acc files I would love to convert but can't seem to find out how to do it in Itunes.
pull up i-tunes. hit "edit' up top and come down to "preferences". then click on "importing" and set your importing to mp3.

next just hightlight the (aac) songs you want to convert to mp3's. now right click your mouse (as it is over the highted songs) and select "convert to mp3's"

it is very easy. you will end up with 2 versions of each song if you don't delete the aac version afer you convert to mp3.

what i do is hightlight ALL the songs i want to convert. when converting is finished, all the aac files will still be highlighted...just hit delete and you will be left with mps.

practice on some songs you have the actual cds for...in case you mess up and delete the wrong song...that way, you can reload the songs with the actual cd.

hope that helps.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Waterfront, I created my first CD and it works fine. One other question, how do you create folders? Mine all went into one folder.

Bob

Old 10-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Those who don't like the poor quality of mp3 files should copy their cds in WMA format. it's very easy to do and sounds much better than mp3. First copy your regular cds into your computer creating a folder for each album choosing wma as the file format. Then you can burn your albums onto cds for use in the car. I get about 6 to 10 albums on one disk -- that's 7 to 10 hours of music.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobfl
Thanks Waterfront, I created my first CD and it works fine. One other question, how do you create folders? Mine all went into one folder.

Bob
in itunes, folders are created automatically. for example, each album title will be in a separate folder.

you are edit it any way you want. you just every song you want in a specific foler the same album title.

i am pretty sure there are other ways as well, but i haven't figured them out yet.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

wcmack,

There appears to be a general issue with some sort of ground loop. My Pioneer Xm2Go receiver causes a terrible hum when piped in through the aux jack and with the power transformer plugged into either lighter socker. For my Ipod I have a Belkin ipod adapter which appears to have a small transformer (isolation?) and amp in it and that eliminates the hum issue with the ipod. It's also very nice because it allows me to match the ipod volume level to the radio/CD.

Originally Posted by wcmack
Dear Chip,

I realize that you don't use your iPod on Aux now, but I am curious to know if you got the hum while keeping the iPod plugged in for charging. I noticed the a hum as well, but found that when the power adaptor was not hooked up to the iPod, the hum disappeared.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ntguru
wcmack,

There appears to be a general issue with some sort of ground loop. My Pioneer Xm2Go receiver causes a terrible hum when piped in through the aux jack and with the power transformer plugged into either lighter socker. For my Ipod I have a Belkin ipod adapter which appears to have a small transformer (isolation?) and amp in it and that eliminates the hum issue with the ipod. It's also very nice because it allows me to match the ipod volume level to the radio/CD.
I use the Belkin iPod adptor also, and have had no humming either. Very clear, and I concur, that the built in amp it has makes it very nice to match volume.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Do you have a part# on that adapter? Is it the power adapter or the Ipod-Aux port cable?

Thanks! The hum is driving me nuts when I forget to charge the pod at home.

Originally Posted by jbollt
I use the Belkin iPod adptor also, and have had no humming either. Very clear, and I concur, that the built in amp it has makes it very nice to match volume.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Loonbeam
Do you have a part# on that adapter? Is it the power adapter or the Ipod-Aux port cable?

Thanks! The hum is driving me nuts when I forget to charge the pod at home.
"Belkin Auto Kit for iPod", the only part # i see on the package is above the upc, it's F8V7058-APL..I bought mne at Best Buy, was about $30, IIRC and well worh it.

here's a link to the Belkin site

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_ID=149006

Last edited by jbollt; 10-05-2006 at 03:56 PM.

Quick Reply: EASY IPOD SOLUTION

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands