Don't do this!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Don't do this!

I recently had to buy a parking permit for the local University. Since I didn't need it for several days I casually slipped it into the 'slot' above the garage door hidey hole below the radio, thinking it would stay there! NO WAY! It slipped IN...and oh, no! It is not like a real garage door! There is a sleeve that the door itself slips into and guess where that parking permit is now??? (second guesses not allowed!)

There is absolutely no way to recover this short of tearing the whole dash apart (from what we can figure). So, I paid another $10 to get a replacement. So the warning is .... don't put anything of REAL VALUE in this slot!

Wiser now!

Barb

Old 07-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Don't do this!

It is actually not that difficult to pull out the entire cabinet behind that "garage door", as long as you are not afraid to tug on some parts. You do not need to take the whole dash apart.