View Poll Results: Does your drivers window has an auto-up feature?
Yes
7.69%
No
91.21%
I don't know what auto-up is.
1.10%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Does your TCH have AUTO-UP Drivers Window?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Does your TCH have AUTO-UP Drivers Window?

Originally Posted by schmidtj
The Convenience Package is "CQ" which includes Heated Mirrors "HM" and requires Leather Package "LA".
I'd have to research it but the lighted mirrors MIGHT be part of the Leather Package.
J
The Toyota site shows the lighted vanity mirrors as part of the moon roof package. http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicle...ry/options.pdf

My friend's wife wanted leather and had to get the moonroof with it but the page linked above doesn't suggest that. Maybe it is another 'requires package xx' thing. Kind of a rip off. Not only do you have to get something you don't want to get something you do want, you might have to include yet another package of things you may not want.

From the quoted post, if you want heated outside mirrors (standard on all Prii) OR heated seats (not available on any Prii unless you are in a 'stick you with port options' area) you HAVE to get the Leather seats (which includes power. Is that the only way to get power seats?) and since you got the leather seats you HAVE to get the moonroof. But hey, then you also get lighted vanity mirrors and rear personal reading lights!

What a racket.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The Convenience Package is "CQ" which includes Heated Mirrors "HM" and requires Leather Package "LA".
I'd have to research it but the lighted mirrors MIGHT be part of the Leather Package.
J
Thanks for the info, but I was just making a little joke (obviously very little ) regarding FLO7THC's comment about the Inconvenienced Package.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
My dealer didn't tell me about this package. Was it a port installed option?
Yes by Mexicans

Old 02-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Enthusiast

I found these two schematics.
The TCH is missing the Driver Side Power Window ECU, LED illuminiation control signal and a Hall IC.
J
TCH Window System (without Auto Up):

The XLE Windows System (with Auto Up):
so, I'm assuming this means that even if I buy the switch assembly from an XLE and installed it into my TCH, it wouldn't work (no auto up)....

Old 02-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by dgboggs
so, I'm assuming this means that even if I buy the switch assembly from an XLE and installed it into my TCH, it wouldn't work (no auto up)....
Yep, 'fraid so. Toyota is very safety conscious. Stalling the motor with the little kiddies fingers in the window would be a definite no-no. Hence the additional sensing stuff required to make auto-up work.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Dazed and Confused

Yep, 'fraid so. Toyota is very safety conscious. Stalling the motor with the little kiddies fingers in the window would be a definite no-no. Hence the additional sensing stuff required to make auto-up work.
But they are not so safety conscious on the XLE versions?

I mean it is ok for them to be hurt in that car but not a TCH?

My '01 Audi A4 had auto up/down on the front windows and auto down only on the rear. The rears could be auto up if you soldered one conection together on the window motor assembly.

My brother had his head stuck in a window when he was a kid. He was about 6-7 and he stuck his head out to wave good by to some relatives we were visiting, and my dad rolled the window up not knowing this. The motor did not crush his head, but it did hurt. I once got my hand stuck in a window on my '93 dodge shadow. The window switches were between the passenger and the driver. I drove through a puddle, adn the water started running in the window that was down, so my passenger started rolling up the window while I had stuck my had up to the window to keep the water out. Neither one of us knew what the other was doing. It hurt, but the window did stop before crushing the bones or even drawing blood.

These just prove that you won't prevent injury no matter how hard you try. You can only limit convienence.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Not having an Auto up for the drivers window is REALY annoying! I have it in my highlander and am very thankfull. It is a paing driving in your driveway, away from a drivethru or an ATM and you eaither have to sit there and wait or drive with one hand when you are mostly steering alot when coming from those places.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by ag4ever
But they are not so safety conscious on the XLE versions?

I mean it is ok for them to be hurt in that car but not a TCH?

My '01 Audi A4 had auto up/down on the front windows and auto down only on the rear. The rears could be auto up if you soldered one conection together on the window motor assembly.

My brother had his head stuck in a window when he was a kid. He was about 6-7 and he stuck his head out to wave good by to some relatives we were visiting, and my dad rolled the window up not knowing this. The motor did not crush his head, but it did hurt. I once got my hand stuck in a window on my '93 dodge shadow. The window switches were between the passenger and the driver. I drove through a puddle, adn the water started running in the window that was down, so my passenger started rolling up the window while I had stuck my had up to the window to keep the water out. Neither one of us knew what the other was doing. It hurt, but the window did stop before crushing the bones or even drawing blood.

These just prove that you won't prevent injury no matter how hard you try. You can only limit convienence.
That is not at all what I said. Basically the point I'm making is the TCH does not have the extra components included in the XLE's Auto Up feature (which does include auto sensing). Why included unused compents? The OP wanted to know if he/she could just replace the switch. A SP enumerated the additional missing (safety related) components that TCH doesn't include (but the XLEs do) since there is no need for them if Auto-Up is not included in the TCH.
So to get Auto-Up in the TCH would take a NEW switch to replace the existing one and also the ECU blah blah blah (parts the XLE has that the TCH doesn't) for the sensing ability.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bruceha_2000

My friend's wife wanted leather and had to get the moonroof with it but the page linked above doesn't suggest that. Maybe it is another 'requires package xx' thing. Kind of a rip off. Not only do you have to get something you don't want to get something you do want, you might have to include yet another package of things you may not want.

What a racket.
I looked into this. Toyota packages everything together and it's difficult to pick and choose. That said, my dealer said that if I didn't want the moonroof but wanted the leather seats I could get after market seats for a little over a $1000 (I don't remember the exact price). I ended up just getting the loaded model because my wife likes moonroofs. --benny

Old 02-05-2007, 10:01 PM
rjm
Enthusiast

I think the difficulty in ordering anything comes from the dealer you choose. Once I found the right dealer, they will do anything for you. I didn't want the moonroof so that it would give me more headroom and wanted the leather seats and ordered it that way. No problem.

Quick Reply: Does your TCH have AUTO-UP Drivers Window?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands