View Poll Results: Does your FOB have an LED?
Yes
78.38%
No
21.62%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Does your FOB have an LED?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Default Re: Does your FOB have an LED?

I have no idea if mine has an LED or not. I can't see it when it remains in my pocket all the time.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Recent Hybrid convert

Folks, this topic has been covered already.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=8727

Nash, thanks for reposting your picture!

Old 04-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Enthusiast

There are buttons on the FOB? I never press them. Walk up to the car and it magically opens. Press the start button and the car goes. Why are you guys pushing those buttons? With every press you're probably contributing to global warming!

Old 04-29-2007, 06:33 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by warehouse
There are buttons on the FOB? I never press them. Walk up to the car and it magically opens. Press the start button and the car goes. Why are you guys pushing those buttons? With every press you're probably contributing to global warming!
I've done it when several people I am transporting get to the car before I do. Rather than make them wait I push the button on the FOB. 99.99% of the time the FOB is in my pocket and stays there.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:07 AM
Enthusiast

mine does but you cant see it until u press one of the buttons

Old 06-26-2007, 05:58 AM
Enthusiast

I open the door for my wife first; she loves that I do this for her (always have) and the side benefit is that opening the passenger door first will unlock all the doors so others can enter.

Opening the driver's door first only unlocks the driver's door.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Deegee
Opening the driver's door first only unlocks the driver's door.
You can change it yourself so the driver's door also opens all the doors. It's in the owner's manual and involves pressing two buttons on the remote to make the change to open all the doors automatically. Some feel this is a security issue. Like if you are being followed to the car do you REALLY want to open all the doors. You get the idea. Personally I open ALL the doors when I open the driver's side door.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yup, my FOB's LED is under the silver as well. I love walking up to my car with friends and do the trick Bullwinkle use to do: hold up my hands, nothing up my sleeves, reach for the doorhandle (tophat equivalent!) and presto it opens without the accompanying lion head! )

Have really been enjoying not having to dig that out of my purse or my pocket or wherever else it stays while driving!

Old 06-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CA Girl
Yup, my FOB's LED is under the silver as well. I love walking up to my car with friends and do the trick Bullwinkle use to do: hold up my hands, nothing up my sleeves, reach for the doorhandle (tophat equivalent!) and presto it opens without the accompanying lion head! )

Have really been enjoying not having to dig that out of my purse or my pocket or wherever else it stays while driving!
Well isn't this forum great. I did not think I had an LED until I saw your post that said "Under the silver". Thanks CA girl.I checked and thar she be!! Why did they hide it so and what is it's purpose if you can't see it in the daylight??