Do you park crooked?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Malcontent
Default Re: Do you park crooked?

It does seem to be the style these days though the Camry isn't as bad as some other cars I've seen.

Another factor might be improving side impact performance.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Enthusiast

I cracked up when I read this thread...I have the exact same problem, when pulling into a spot on the right, so much so that I've noticed I'm overcompensating to try and get the car straight! I almost always park in the same spot at work, so I'm using landmarks around the parking spot to make sure I'm in just right!

Old 07-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

Maybe, but I say throw in some more steel I-beam and give me some more glass!

Old 07-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Do you park crooked?

Thanks all for your comments. I was beginning to wonder if it was just me, so I feel a lot better now.

I don't think it has to do with the windows or visibility. It seems to be more to do with the design of the hood and the angles you see when looking at the edge of the hood while parking.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Enthusiast

I park crooked in my TCH, too. But I just thought it was because I was Asian. It's worse when I turn to the right into a parking spot. I need to have a really big arc to get it almost straight.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KimikoPi
... I just thought it was because I was Asian...

Man, that is just so wrong..

Old 07-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

Interesting subject. As most of the other folks here, I too have noticed my bad parking. I though I was just getting sloppy. Glad to see it is not just me. Thanks for bringing up the subject, TomS.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

I always had a hard time judging where the back bumper was. I always back into my spot at work and think I'm right up to the garage wall. I get out and see I'm a foot and a half away! Well I have a backup camera now and all is well! I Love the camera. By the way, I just saw a tv ad for the hylander with a backup camera. It was pretty funny!

....it's not just the TCH.....
While on a trip last week, I rented a Dodge Charger and had problems parking in the center of parking spaces.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

[quote=KimikoPi;136078]I park crooked in my TCH, too. But I just thought it was because I was Asian. ....

I'm English and never have this problem, so it's probably genetic but could be to do with the car we drove before the TCH, maybe a Tuk-Tuk? Just kidding!

Last edited by Paulgw; 07-29-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:07 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm also one of the crooked parkers! I'm pretty sure that the reason is that the lower edge of the window (the window sill) slopes upward from the front of the car towards the back. (Most current car models do this. It seems to be the current fashion.) This means that, if you look out of the side windows at the pavement markings while parking, it appears as if you're crooked when in fact you're straight, and vice versa. Check this out!

Stan

Quick Reply: Do you park crooked?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands