Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH

I always tell the dealer (not that I purchase a lot of cars, mind you, but when I do) that I prefer to have no advertising on the car. I say,"... if there's a sticker or plate frame, I wont take the car..". They always comply and never have a problem.
New owners get a survey after a few weeks and the dealer is very keen on getting perfect scores (they must get a bonus, or something), so they are only too happy to comply with any/all requests, no matter how trivial.
Of course, I only buy from dealers who are 'type B' personalities (like me). As soon as I sense an aggressive dealer, I'm gone. I live in NJ but purchased my TCH in Lenox, Mass. (I visit a friend up there from time to time). I spent 10 minutes in a NJ dealer and ran out the door, the Lenox dealer had the sale a few minutes later (over the phone). He offered to have the car delivered to my office and sent a runner down to have me sign a few papers.
Back on topic, no advertising on my car.

Last edited by haroldo; 03-23-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:38 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH

Originally Posted by mikecism
...I could never understand people from the midwest and south who had emblem or sticker advertising the dealer.
I get free oil changes, tire rotations and car washes by having the license frames with the dealer's name.
OK I lied about the oil changes and tire rotations but the advertising gets me free car washes whenever I want not just when I'm having the car serviced so that's worth something.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I left the plate on and there is a small logo on the back part of the trunk. So far it's ok but i may take the dealer plate off. I know i got my car washed for free after the first oil change and service. I didn't think about the other decal much and am not sure how easy it is to get off. So for now it stays!

Old 03-23-2008, 05:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmgoodman
I always write into my purchase contract that the ONLY dealer ad I will accept is the license plate holder. And, so long as the dealer treats me properly, I leave that on the car. If they mistreat me, even that goes.

I certainly NEVER go for the other things that stick or get attached by DRILLING. Those things often cannot be undone without making a real mess.
Ditto.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Never had a dealer try to put on a sticker here. I leave the license plate frame on if I'm happy with the dealer, and reverse it (upside down) if I'm not. I figure that leaves an anti-dealer comment that they paid for.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Enthusiast

as i have the 50th anniversary edition and had to wait for delivery i requested that the sticker be left off. as for the plate frames i replaced them with clear plate covers with no frame.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't mind the license plate frames (although I do replace them) but I really cannot stand it when they decal the actual car.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Enthusiast

I removed the dealer sticker as soon as I got the car home.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Driving in stealth mode

Originally Posted by usajar
I removed the dealer sticker as soon as I got the car home.
Me too.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

I told the dealer to take another $200 off if they want me to advertise for them on my car. So, they just took all their stuff off my car.

Quick Reply: Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands