Current Modified Hybrids and Future Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Current Modified Hybrids and Future Modifications

Originally Posted by kris
Foglights and lower grille chrome

Debaged, 20% tint

4300k HID's, terrible picture suggesting glare but the install was done properly with closing the spotters and reaiming the light height.
How long have you had your HID? Any issues with the housings due to the heat from the bulbs. And can you tell me what kit you ordered?

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have a McCulloch kit and wired it to the battery in the trunk with a relay so that the stock system is not powering the ballasts. As for the heat issue, HIDs always burn cooler than standard halogen lights, so there's no issue. I've had this setup for 4 months with no problems.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have a McCulloch kit and wired it to the battery in the trunk with a relay so that the stock system is not powering the ballasts. As for the heat issue, HIDs always burn cooler than standard halogen lights, so there's no issue. I've had this setup for 4 months with no problems.
is a separate wiring kit preferred over the stock wiring?

Old 06-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, always. It prevents overloading the stock wiring, which could cause melting and fire in the long term. Plus, it gives a pure stream of power to the ballasts, ensuring that they are always properly powered and not straining to ignite.

Last edited by kris; 06-12-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes, always. It prevents overloading the stock wiring, which could cause melting and fire in the long term. Plus, it gives a pure stream of power to the ballasts, ensuring that they are always properly powered and not straining to ignite.
Kris, you never updated this thread:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=9994
How did you end up running power to your fogs? Did you install a relay to an XLE stalk with FL switch?

Old 06-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

ic. thanks!

Old 06-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
Kris, you never updated this thread:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=9994
How did you end up running power to your fogs? Did you install a relay to an XLE stalk with FL switch?
No, I haven't done it yet, just haven't gotten the urge to buy a stalk and such because I really just wanted them mounted.

Any pictures of your new suspension?

Old 06-13-2007, 05:45 PM

No, I haven't done it yet, just haven't gotten the urge to buy a stalk and such because I really just wanted them mounted.

Any pictures of your new suspension?
Maybe tomorrow. Car is too dirty right now to take pictures!

Old 06-14-2007, 07:07 AM
Enthusiast

I hope someone can explain this blog to me. I see pictures of a TCH w fog lights and I got a reply from Kris w a 2005 Prius. When I go through the page I see what I think are answers to questions that I dont see.

I would like to get fog lights and a back up camera that ties into my navigation system but I would have to get the work done.

I am an ex helicopter mechanic but any wiring or mods now would probably be a disaster.

PS Thanks for the replies

Old 06-14-2007, 12:58 PM

Your first mistake is that this is not a blog. A blog in basically an online diary from a single individual. This is a discussion forum, where we are basically having online conversations.

Hence, that is why you see statements/answers to questions that you don't see asked. The conversation is supposed to follow the subject line of the original thread. In this case, it is "modified hybrids". So every post in this thread will hopefully be regarding modifications that people ahve made to their TCH's.

Kris and I have been posting on this forum for a long time, so we are familiar with the modifications that we are doing to each other's cars from other threads/discussions. We are following up with each other in this thread about those modifications. I know he was installing fog lights, and he knows I was installing lowering springs.

You have hundreds of pages, and thousands of posts, available to you to research anything you want to ask. Regarding fog lights, I already posted the link (in my post to Kris) to a thread which specifically talks about installing fog lights on a hybrid, which is a challenge because the TCH electrical harness does not come pre-wired for fog lights.

There is also a very good thread including step-by-step photos on how to install a back-up camera and link it to your factory NAV screen. Use the search function and look for "back up camera" or "reverse camera" to find it.

Quick Reply: Current Modified Hybrids and Future Modifications

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands