Coverting to a PEHV

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Coverting to a PEHV

I will be very interested to see how it handles EV only mode, or how it gets around that.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Rick: from automation Tech - same source as for one of the links in your first post. Probably was not available at the time you first posted, but is newly available now. Thanks for starting the thread.

John: There will be no forced EV mode - only extended, HSD-controlled, automatic EV.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey there Smilin' Jack. It's been about month since you ordered your plug in kit. I was wondering how it's going. If you got the kit installed and how it's working out and how much you like it or not.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Rick,

Thanks for asking.

Yes, I completed the basic installation the day before yesterday. I now have a functioning system which seems to be the first Plug-in Camry Hybrid conversion.

Some final final tasks in the nature of set-up, adjustment and optimization are still needed before I can report on performance evaluation.

Unfortunately I have become unavailable to proceed for a while due to my virtually 24/7 involvement in a week-long technical conference.

I will not be able to resume or even engage in much posting here until approximately May 10.

I will be posting details in a new thread after May 10, when final adjustments have been done and I will be available to respond to the questions I expect.

Stay tuned for details.

Jack

Last edited by Smilin' Jack; 05-02-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: corrections
Old 05-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey thanks for the update. I will be looking forward to hearing how this all works. I have looked everywhere and as far as I can tell I think you are correct that I to think you have the only Plug-in TCH in existance. Rick

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands