Old 09-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Color Choice Jasper Pearl Vs. Titanium

Folks,
I need some feedback w.r.t Colors. We are thinking of
Jasper Pearl or Titanium. I could n't see either color at our
local dealer. He had B. Red which is good. But, we decided to
pick one of the light colors.

So, If you seen either color, what do you think of the colors.

How does the car look ? I know color is sort of subjective thing..
Still, I would love to hear from others about the colors..

--- GM

Old 09-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Color Choice Jasper Pearl Vs. Titanium

Gudman,

I just got the Desert Sand and after a 1000 mile trip I can tell you that the front bumper and lower sides of the car are plastic - dark plastic underneath -so a chip from a flying rock will show black and be a little more noticable on the lighter color cars.... I'm getting a clear bra installed on Friday...

Old 09-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Jasper Pearl is what I have, wasn't sure about LIME GREEN ish at first but I am glad I have it now

Old 09-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the Jasper Pearle and just love it as it is so unique. Don't have any experience about the chipping, but I know that it doesn't easily show the dirt...If you go to toyota.com and click on colors you can get a pretty good idea of the colors...but the Jasper Pearle is actually more spectacular in person...check the Share section for pictures. I know there are a couple of JPs there.

The one thing about the JP is that it only is available in the Hybrid while the other colors (except the other green) are available in both Hybrid and non Hybrid...

Barb

Old 09-06-2006, 08:19 PM
07 Camry Hybrid!

Color choice is a really personal thing. I had the opportunity to buy a Jasper Pearle off the lot when I visited the second Toyota dealership in town. I already knew that I'd buy a TCH, but I just couldn't take the car in green. Even with a good discount.

Now that I have my Blue Ribbon Metallic, I'm really happy that I passed on the Jasper Pearle. I actually saw one on the road the other day. It still didn't appeal to me.

Just my 2 cents. If you like the color, go for it.

Also keep in mind that there are 2 shades of green. The Jasper Pearle is only available on the hybrid. The other darker green (Aloe green metallic) is not available on the hybrid.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pacific85
Color choice is a really personal thing. I had the opportunity to buy a Jasper Pearle off the lot when I visited the second Toyota dealership in town. I already knew that I'd buy a TCH, but I just couldn't take the car in green. Even with a good discount.
I agree, this is definitely a personal thing. The green was the only color I wouldn't take either. I wanted the Charcol one, but there was only one leather TCH in the entire northern half of Virginia, so I took that one - White. The white, which was previously my third least favorite (silver was right after the green for me) if I was picking, has grown on me. Now I like it a lot.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Enthusiast

I like the looks of both colors but I didn't want either color for specific reasons. The Jasper Pearl, which I like a lot, I think I would get tired of it after a year or two. (Same with the Blue Ribbon Metallic for me). The Titanium which looks awesome on this car was a tempting choice, however, I have been told by several body shop people that silver metallic is one of the hardest colors to paint match if you ever get any chips or especially have to have one of the body quarter panels or doors repainted. My TCH is the Magnetic Gray Metallic and I can honestly say I have never seen a prettier gray on a car. The metallic bits in the paint really stand out on a sunny day, especially with a clean body and a good wax job. I feel pretty sure I'll still like the color on my TCH as long as I have it.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

So, I guess you like your 2007 Toyota Camry Blue Ribbon Metallic. Let me know if you have any regrets as it is the only loaded TCH I could find by 9/30/06 for purchase. My 1st choice is magentic gray or silver and next one is blue ribbon...

Old 09-07-2006, 01:15 AM
07 Camry Hybrid!

With either the blue or mag gray, expect to see all of the dust. I'm expecting that this car will need to be washed more than any other car that I've owned in a while. It does show the dirt, but when it's clean, it's very beautiful.

The Mag Gray was my second choice. The car looks very powerful, sleek and elegant in the dark colors. The metal flake invites the eye in a way that pure black doesn't match.

I think the Blue makes the car look more "fun" and that makes me feel good. It's a great color in both bright sun and subdued lighting.

I really like the body style changes. The lines are more masculine and interesting. I was fearing that a Camry would be boring family car, but the 07 has interesting lines and it's been a great drive. Not a sports car, but fun to drive for a geek.

I could do with a smaller nose and tail badge. I think Toyota went a little overboard with the nose droop. It's a little too big to my eye, but I'll forgive it if I can continue to get great MPG, reliability, and a company that will support their customers and product. If anyone figures out a Nav override for the 06.1 DVD, please let us know!

Old 09-07-2006, 04:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have Jasper Pearl and I love it. For a while I was afraid that I wouldn't love it, because I wasn't able to see it before-hand. This is a pretty unique color and I am not one bit sorry, nor do I feel that I will tire of it in a couple of years. While it is fairly unique it is not the only light green color on the road right now, and a few of those light greens have been around for a few years (including the light celadon green available from VW on the Passat, and a very pretty shade I have seen on a Saab...). It doesn't show dust as easily as darker colors will.

Silver was originally one of our alternate colors, but the more I thought about it the less I wanted silver. It's just a matter of personal choice, really, but at the end I had decided that Mag Gray would be my second choice and I very nearly did end up with a Mag Gray one. I realize it is a darker color, but it was just preference.

You can get a pretty good idea of what the JP color is like by looking at the photos of the Jasper Pearl TCH in the Share database here.

Quick Reply: Color Choice Jasper Pearl Vs. Titanium

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands