Cheaper Cabin Air Filters?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Cheaper Cabin Air Filters?

Originally Posted by SPL
Here's the recommendation from the TCH Repair Manual — see page BE-49 (attached). I can't help wondering whether there's a conversion error between US and metric units here, because the Canadian recommendation (16 000 km) would equate to only ~9900 miles, and this seems far too low. ...
Originally Posted by The Critic
The OEM does make a recommendation, but warns you that replacement may be needed on a more frequent basis in the event that it the operating environment is extremely dusty. For example, Honda says to follow the maintenance minder for engine and cabin air filter changes, but tells you to ignore the Maintenance Minder and simply replace them every 15k if the operating conditions are very dusty.

From my experience, one-year or 15k miles is a good interval for the cabin air filter for those of us who suffer from allergies. The engine air filter may not need to be replaced until the 30k mark under some environments, but I've seen some air filters that were extremely dirty after only 15k as well. YMMV...

If you have a few minutes on a Saturday, pop open the glove compartment and look at the filter. If it looks bad, change it, if not, leave it. Takes 10 minutes.

Last edited by haroldo; 01-23-2008 at 08:46 AM.