CD Player woe's

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: CD Player woe's

I've had 2 mp3 CDs in my (non-NAV) player for almost the entire time I've had the car (1+ year). One's a CDR, the other a CDRW. Never had a problem, never removed them, have yet to add more (with the car presumably able to handle up to 255 songs per disc, even well below capacity that still comes out to a lot of hours before I start repeating!).

Old 07-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Electricity Guzzler
Default Re: CD Player woe's

I'm in Ottawa. I've had Tony G. replace my non nav radio head unit and sat. (top and bottom) twice. They also replaced the amp. My amp was replaced to rule our poss. feedback causing the prob. My radio was dying out when changing from cd to radio. everything cut out. sometimes restarting the radio and even the car won't help it reboot.

the prob. isn't totally solved I have had this occur again twice since then. you have to go to the dealer right then since these problems are almost impossible to reproduce when your at the dealer. and yes the dealers are full of bs excuses too often. I've brought my car back to the dealer 17 times for warranty work. It's going back again this Monday. (driver side visor and passenger seatbelt)

I've been polite and patient with the dealer. I currently use T.G since it is closer to my home, than the dealer I bought it at (orleans). The main manager has been totally unapologetic about the number of times I've had to bring my car back.

Last month I brought it back for the visor and seatbelt and they installed the wrong colour. apparently some of the camry hybrid numbers are messed up. They installed the parts, I waited for over 2 hrs and then they realized it was the wrong colour after.

I spoke to the manager and he said to me, "What do you want from me? I didn't make the car and I didn't sell you the car."

Nice customer service, eh? I've contacted Toyota Canada and they have been polite, but not truly appreciated of the time I've wasted having my only car into the shop so often in it's first year. You'd think someone would kick a Tshirt or oil change my way, eh?

side note, I think the hybrid techs are top notch and they are gradually qualifying more of their techs to work on our cars.