Can I get XM Radio with Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.
Default Re: Can I get XM Radio with Nav?

The old Terk XM Direct products have been discontinued, and the Toyota-compatible XM Direct 2 system hasn't been released yet. When I checked a couple of weeks ago, XMFanStore was out of stock of the discontinued Toyota Terk XM Direct; a few days later, I saw this post about the replacement product, for which the Toyota-compatible cable has not been released yet.

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=84222

Last edited by jay_man2; 09-15-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dang
Actually the Terk shows is XM-RVR-D-001, and according to the compatibility chart it shows you need XMDTLK, which they don't appear to sell.

Later!

Dang
Good eye.. didn't read the chart thoroughly. I guess we'll just have to wait then. Thanks

Old 09-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast

Just like to add from my personal experience with XM radio on my TCH. My suggestion is, if you not planning on installing it your self do it at dealer. First, if there any issue with the radio or Navigation system you are covered, even if you buy Dealers XM tuner and have someone "professionally" installed, you are OK.
One more important thing about the Toyota XM kit, DO NOT INSTALL ANTENNA WHERE IT IS SUGGESTED BY TOYOTA. Xm antenna is installed inside of the vehicle will have bad reception, I installed my XM antenna from Dealer on the top of the rear glass outside, it works great and antenna comes with double sided tape attached, you can installed anywhere you like.
Also if you are planning on installing tint film and your antenna is inside of the car, it will practically cut the signal off completely even if the film is NON-Metallic
I hope this will give you some good idea.
Tim

Old 09-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Originally Posted by timohapi
Just like to add from my personal experience with XM radio on my TCH. My suggestion is, if you not planning on installing it your self do it at dealer. First, if there any issue with the radio or Navigation system you are covered, even if you buy Dealers XM tuner and have someone "professionally" installed, you are OK.
One more important thing about the Toyota XM kit, DO NOT INSTALL ANTENNA WHERE IT IS SUGGESTED BY TOYOTA. Xm antenna is installed inside of the vehicle will have bad reception, I installed my XM antenna from Dealer on the top of the rear glass outside, it works great and antenna comes with double sided tape attached, you can installed anywhere you like.
Also if you are planning on installing tint film and your antenna is inside of the car, it will practically cut the signal off completely even if the film is NON-Metallic
I hope this will give you some good idea.
Tim
My dealer installed the antenna on the trunk lid, where I'd had the Audiovox XPress antenna. I was pleasantly surprised that they put it there instead of by the brake light inside. They did a nice, clean job tucking the wire and wire tying it on the right side lift arm.