Can I get XM Radio with Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Enthusiast
Arrow Can I get XM Radio with Nav?

Hello All! New here...

So about 3 weeks about I got my '08 TCH, FULLY LOADED (in love with it, came from an '05 BMW 5-Series). I told the guy i wanted every option under the sun. Well, i got the Navi and the moon roof, the leather, blah blah blah. At the dealership, i thought i had made it clear that i wanted XM Radio and when i was test driving the car I saw the SAT button so i just assumed... Well, it turns out i have everything EXCEPT the XM Radio option...

Now i want XM and I don't want a third party solution (XM Commander, etc.), i want it through the Navi/Audio System and i don't know how to go about doing this... Possible? Is the XM even an option? If not, the SAT button is a total tease!!!

Thank in advance for the advise

Old 09-09-2007, 05:44 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Can I get XM Radio with Nav?

Yes you can buy it from toyota for like 300.00 and the install isn't too tough, I bought it from a toyota dealer and installed it myself in under 2 hours...it's nice to have it intergrated but it only displays 10 characters.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

I just had the dealer install it, and they did a beautiful job. I was going to have a well-reputed sound shop install the TERK XM Direct, but the parts have been discontinued and the shop couldn't locate a source. TERK has announced a new setup, but no word yet on whether or not they'll make a version that connects to our head units.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Enthusiast

Perhaps the price has come down, but I was quoted $600 last year when i got my '07 TCH. The literature that was available at the time talked about a "satellite ready" radio, but after many debates with the dealer and discussions elsewhere, it seems that the whole unit needed to be replaced. So, the comments by Silvertec are encouraging. Can you provide more info since my dealer is apparently lost in space...

Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

You don't replace anything. You put an XM Receiver in the trunk, position the XM antenna, and run a cable from the receiver in the trunk to the head unit in the dash. $199 for the receiver, $100 for the fit kit, and a couple of hours labor for the install.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Enthusiast

I purchased the SLX-2 from Vaistech.com for $225 and the Terk XM tuner, now at Circuit City for $13 after rebate. I installed it myself in May with a little help from this forum and I love it. It operates just like the dealer installed unit.

The dealer wanted $600+ for the install.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jay_man2
I just had the dealer install it, and they did a beautiful job. I was going to have a well-reputed sound shop install the TERK XM Direct, but the parts have been discontinued and the shop couldn't locate a source. TERK has announced a new setup, but no word yet on whether or not they'll make a version that connects to our head units.
I have the Terk XM Direct, and it works flawlessly. I bought it here (it was on sale for $99 when I bought it):
http://store.xmfanstore.com/texmfortovex.html

I did the installation myself and it only took 90 minutes, as long as you are comfortable taking apart your dash.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Originally Posted by flopshot
I have the Terk XM Direct, and it works flawlessly. I bought it here (it was on sale for $99 when I bought it):
http://store.xmfanstore.com/texmfortovex.html

I did the installation myself and it only took 90 minutes, as long as you are comfortable taking apart your dash.
I even call XMFanStore, and they were out of stock too. Oh well, I'm happy with mine. The sound shop wanted $380 to install the TERK, or $580 to install the Toyota receiver. My dealer did it for $450, and did the console squeak TSB at the same time!

Old 09-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast

Will this one work? It says it's compatible with 2007 Camrys:

http://store.xmfanstore.com/xmdirect.html

Old 09-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Actually the Terk shows is XM-RVR-D-001, and according to the compatibility chart it shows you need XMDTLK, which they don't appear to sell.

Later!

Dang

Quick Reply: Can I get XM Radio with Nav?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands