Camry Hybrid 2015 - Battery Help! (With DATA) to replace bad cells

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2024, 02:08 PM
Enthusiast
Cool Camry Hybrid 2015 - Hybrid Battery Help! (With DATA) to replace bad cells

Hi! Working on recondition a HV here
Already done most of what it seems to be OK for a maitenance on the HV Battery, found some corrosion on a few tabs but all very clean now and got to work on charging and dischargin cycles for every cell.
Made a big spreadsheet for charging and dischargin every cell 5 times (cycles)

On the right side i made an average and last charge health status and marked a few on red that i think needs replacement, but here is what my trouble is... from where do i start making decision to witch ones to replace?
I think the 10 first cell are in very good condition and the last 10 cell too exept the 24.
so i need some of your expertise to select the ones to replace.
All the work did it by me thanks to RC Knowledge (chargers, lipo batteries, balancing state)
And FYI i live in south america... not a lot of places to make this done by a certified technician.
i can buy the cells from anywhere in the EEUU.
Using smart balance chargers for the process and DR.Prius App with Hybrid Assistant and a ThinkCAR Diag tool

One more think: it all started with the famous P0A80 code, then did the maitenance, balance charge cycles and balanced the entire pack but right now does not pass 60% SOC (i think ussually got to 80% prior this issues) and when it gets close to 40% sometimes ICE hesitates to starts and Battery pack goes down to 25% and P0A80 gets back again.
So do i have to reset/initialize somethink like the BMS? to let it know the pack is healthier? chart shows improved MAH in every cycle on every cell.

Let me know what you think!

Attached Files
File Type: xls
HV CAMRY 2015.xls (52.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by elpurete; 06-18-2024 at 02:32 PM. Reason: make it more accurate