Camry 2015 Hybrid Replaced Battery Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2024, 07:32 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Camry 2015 Hybrid Replaced Battery Issue

Great to find this place, fantastic! I'm an original owner 2015 LE hybrid 209,000 and I was on travel in Albuquerque (I Iive in Mesa, AZ) and had my battery indications "Check Hybrid System" tried a couple of places to repair costs were $4,000 and I found on shop that offered to do it for less, ended up with a used battery with 80,000 miles, plus I have a warranty. I live in Mesa, AZ. So drove it back no issues about a month later had the same indications, informed the auto shop they told me to disconnect/reconnect the car battery to reset and that worked for a couple of days and then it happened again. I suspected the car battery might be the issue so I replaced it (Still under warranty ) Once again all is well and then I had to go out of town about 3 hours later got the same message, "Check Hybrid Systm" Engine Light, ABS, car with squiggly lines and my cruise control kicks off. During my drive before the warnings all looked good the hybrid system appeared to be giving me the normal signals.

I'm unsure what to do. I have maintained the car during my ownership, no accidents but I knew it was getting very close to hybrid battery replacement or trading/selling it, but now not sure what to do. I'd like to get a good diagnostic but not sure where. My mechanic thinks that my transmission might be the issue, he commented on how it is whining, but I never heard anyone make that comment, it sounds normal to me. I'd like to get a good diagnostic, because if the hybrid battery has been replaced then it is very likely it is not a good replacement battery. The mechanic is receptive to honoring the warranty but ideally a diagnostic might give me a better picture on the caliber of the current battery. Perhaps it is a battery issue or the hybrid system itself or maybe the mechanic didn't do a proper job. Thanks for your help!

Old 09-08-2024, 07:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Camry 2015 Hybrid Replaced Battery Issue

Hi. I'm in Mesa. You likely got lied to and received an untested battery.

When you have the active errors on the dash, go to OReillys and they'll read the codes for free.