cabin air filter alternative?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: cabin air filter alternative?

Purolator may be the original manufacture for the toyota air, cabin and oil filters. I heard this said from our toyota dealers local parts man.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Squint
I haven't had to replace my filter but one thing that many people do with similar pleated polyester(?) filters for aquariums is to hose any loose stuff off and then soak them in a diluted bleach solution. The result is a nice clean (white) filter which is then put in the dishwasher or otherwise rinsed to get rid of the bleach smell. This can be done many times.

You don't really have anything to lose if you're going to throw it away anyway.
Good point. Just make sure that it's completely dry before you reinstall it, or you might wind up with some mold growing in the filter.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tutor772
I bought a Purolator C35667 cabin air filter for my 2009 from my local Advance Auto Parts store for $12.98. I'm not sure you can order online from Advance, so you may be out of luck if a store is not nearby. Or a local store that stocks Purolator parts may be able to order it for you. Can't speak to the quality of the Purolator compared to the OEM....
www.advanceautoparts.com
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Cabin-Air-Filter-Purolator_22880344-P_10_R|GRPFILTAMS_574731666___
I just bought a Pennzoil Platinum + Mobil 1 filter "oil change" ($24.99) from Advance Auto plus the Purolator C35667 cabin air filter, and I got 2 bucks off the filter (ended up costing $10.49).

Old 10-14-2010, 08:13 PM
700 Mi Camry Club Member

I like the build on the Fram FreshBreeze CF10139 for my Camry 2007 Hybrid. The filter fits fine and Walmart has them on clearance for 13 dollars. This is not the cheap flimpsy filters. They are rock solid with charcoal activated feature as well as baking soda added in for that clean fresh smell. Found the cabin filters in the auto department in the clearance section.

I have used the Purolator before becasue they were cheap but at that time they didn't have the charcoal activated feature yet and were flimsy.

Sorry have not posted in awhile. Nothing wrong with the Camry yet. Knock on wood.