Are the Bridgestones a LRR tire?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Enthusiast
Default Are the Bridgestones a LRR tire?

I asked this in another thread but did not get a response. I have the Bridgestones and while I haven't noticed any problems yet, I wonder if they get as good mileage as the Michelins do. Are they a LRR tire as well?

Old 12-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Are the Bridgestones a LRR tire?

Yes they are the same for fuel mileage. They are a LLR tire. I ran the first 300 miles on them and had the dealer swap to the Michelins only because of the better ride and handling of the Michelins.

Old 12-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Enthusiast

Wish I had known about the Michelins beforehand. I now have 3000 miles on the car. Why does everyone like them so much better? I haven't noticed anything noticeably bad with the bridgestones. I love how long I can coast on them!

Old 12-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

The Michelins last longer than the Bridgestones. That's the main complaint I've read.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wes878
Wish I had known about the Michelins beforehand. I now have 3000 miles on the car. Why does everyone like them so much better? I haven't noticed anything noticeably bad with the bridgestones. I love how long I can coast on them!
I am not an expert, but I believe, Wikipedia Low Rolling Resistance (LRR) tires make less contact with the road, thus less friction and resistance.
Just guessing, but the 'road hugger' tires will give, presumably, better handling on wet surfaces or curves.
A smaller footprint making contact will roll better and longer (thus the better mileage) at the possible expense of handling.
Another link Hybrid Cars.com Low Resistance Tires

Last edited by haroldo; 12-02-2007 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Enthusiast

Only reason I don't like the Bridgestones is because I test drove a car with the Michelins. then bought a car with the Bridgestones and hated the way car rode and handled on the way home. Drove 300 miles on them and hated the ride even after lowering pressures down to 30 lbs. I had the dealer switch out a set of Michelin tires from another car on the lot. I have them set at 36 lbs. of pressure and it rides and handles so much better than it did with the Bridgestones. You won't notice a difference unless you have driven on a set of Michelins. It is like driving a different vehicle. There was no difference in fuel mileage with either tire in my experience.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Much has been said in previous posts about the differences between Bridgestone vs Michelin tires including several of my own posts about previous ownership of both tires. Search on my name and you'll find them.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Dazed and Confused

Originally Posted by haroldo
I am not an expert, but I believe, Wikipedia Low Rolling Resistance (LRR) tires make less contact with the road, thus less friction and resistance.
Just guessing, but the 'road hugger' tires will give, presumably, better handling on wet surfaces or curves.
A smaller footprint making contact will roll better and longer (thus the better mileage) at the possible expense of handling.
Another link Hybrid Cars.com Low Resistance Tires
The size of the foot print is not the only reason they are LRR. The componds in the rubber also contribute to the LRR.

I have driven my car through some very heavy rains with both the bridgestones and the michelins, and can say they both performed great. I got the michelins only because they should last a lot longer.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Can someone post the

Temperature
Traction
Treadwear

ratings found on the tire sidewalls for the Bridgestone's vs Michelin's that ship with the TCH's?

Old 12-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 - This is the tire that came with mine.
Temperature: A
Traction: A
Treadwear: 440

Bridgestone Turanza ER33 - This is the tire that Bridgestone lists on their site as OE for the Camry Hybrid
Temperature: A
Traction: A
Treadwear: 140

Quick Reply: Are the Bridgestones a LRR tire?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands