Brand of wax/cleaner for your TCH

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Brand of wax/cleaner for your TCH

Originally Posted by spiff72
I will second the "plug" for the Maguiar's NXT Tech Wax, but I have the liquid.

I waxed mine the weekend before I ran over Bambi, and the body shop paperwork tells me that I can't wax it until 90 days have passed. That is going to kill me, since the weather will be too cold for waxing when November rolls around, so it might have to wait until spring!

Can the liquid polish really be that bad for the paint? I want to have protection from the salt and winter weather...
90 days, that is new, most body shops usually say 30 days. Split the differnce, 45 days is only late October.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kluken
90 days, that is new, most body shops usually say 30 days. Split the differnce, 45 days is only late October.
It says 30 days before washing except for VERY MILD soap, and no wax for 90.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

It says 30 days before washing except for VERY MILD soap, and no wax for 90.
But how long did it take for your car to get to you? Doesn't that time account for something? My finish was already 2 months old when I got it!

I can understand the Bambi car needing to wait, though...

Old 09-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

You'll find this interesting - a little off subject though - but I just bought my TCH 2 weeks ago and it is production number 1232 and was made in April --- it sat on a dealers lot for nearly 4 months - fully loaded Desert Sand... I got it from a dealer at MSRP that took it in a emergency trade with the original dealer - of course the original dealer had it listed at $3000 over MSRP.... So it sat in the elements without wax for 4 months.... The minute I got it home I sent it over to the detail shop for a good exterior detail and wax job.....

Last edited by RCFlyer; 09-11-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:50 PM

I will second the "plug" for the Maguiar's NXT Tech Wax, but I have the liquid.
I also use Maguiar's NXT Tech Wax (liquid) and am very happy with the results. Nice shine, beads up well, and easy to put on and buff off. I use 303 protectant on the headlight and turn signal lenses, and the rubber and plastic trim along the windows.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Arrow Re: Brand of wax/cleaner for your TCH

Anything Meguiars is excellent. Mothers is fantastic and smells the best. (Easy to apply, also.) Eagle One is a company to keep an eye on, they're pretty smart. I buy Mother's.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:59 AM
Enthusiast

My hubby used Klasse All-In-One followed by High-Gloss Sealant Glaze on my TCH.

He cleaned the surface of his black '01 Olds Aurora with Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay kit with excellent results. Just something to keep in mind for future use.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:32 AM

I clayed my car before I waxed it and got that glass-smooth-to-the-touch finish, but it seemed I could feel little "specks" or bumps within a day or two of my clay and wax job.

Is this normal - what are these "specks" (invisible) that show up so quickly?

Old 09-12-2006, 06:34 AM
Enthusiast

I've had the best luck with Zaino products, except for the glass polish, a real pain in the **** to get off!!

Also I use Novus products for all the plastic parts.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Enthusiast

I put two coats of Zaino on my TCH the day I got it. I haven't found anything better, but the only drawback is it takes a long time to dry even in warm weather (2-3 hours average).

Quick Reply: Brand of wax/cleaner for your TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands