Boone Pickens Plan

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Boone Pickens Plan

Texas Oilman Boone Pickens started a new site promoting alternatives to oil (wind, solar, etc.)
It's a very interesting site and worth glancing at
http://www.pickensplan.com/

Last edited by haroldo; 07-08-2008 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Boone Pickens Plan

I just came back from 2 weeks in Europe. In Germany, there were (modern) windmills everywhere... I must of seen a hundred of them, easily.

BTW, at the equivalent of about $9/gallon, I expected to see less people doing 240kph on the Autobahns, but no, they are still flying. I asked a German friend about this, and he said it does not matter what it costs, Germans will still go fast on the Autobahns!

Did not see any Camry Hybrids, and very few Priuses (very few Japanese cars anyway). About 1/2 the cars seem to be TDi diesels.

Last edited by abward; 07-09-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Enthusiast

Being down here on the gulf coast, I am always stunned that we don't have more wind generated power. There is almost always a constant wind coming up from the southwest or from the northeast depending on where the high pressure that is over us virtually all year happens to be sitting.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 AM
blahhhhhh!

they're building a bunch of wind farms up here! They just put one online this spring about 10 miles from my house.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:31 AM

Wait till the environmentalists start complaining about the birds being killed by the turbines.
I can see Congress banning windfarms in areas where there are endangered and protected avain populations.
Save the yellow spotted black tail finch!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:45 AM
blahhhhhh!

Originally Posted by haroldo
Wait till the environmentalists start complaining about the birds being killed by the turbines.
I can see Congress banning windfarms in areas where there are endangered and protected avain populations.
Save the yellow spotted black tail finch!
people were already complaining about bats getting killed!

also, can we talk about the people who DON'T want wind energy? cause there are a lot of them. They don't want to look at the windmills, but they're the first ones to **** and moan about gas prices.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 AM

NIMBY...not in my backyard
BANANA....build absolutely nothing anywhere near anyone

We have an energy problem because no one wants to produce energy in their community.

Today the investment authority of Abu Dhabi purchased the Chrysler Building in NY (one of the most beautiful classic art deco buildings in the city).

Connection...or merely a coincidence?

Old 07-09-2008, 10:14 AM

Like with everything else in life, we need to balance things. Do you know you can die if drink too much fresh water at once? Something about blood being diluted too much. Anyhow, my point is we need to take everything into consideration, including birds etc. All they have to do, is place those windmills away from heavy bird migration roads, or make the birds aware of it and avoid it. I'm not expert, but I'm sure there are better ways of doing things and there bad ways. Not many people realize we can destroy whole planet and it doesn't matter if it was on purpose or ignorance. I want my infant daughter to be able to take the car, drive to the forest to watch the birds, when she grows up. We screwed up if keeping America's energy needs kill all the nature, or no one can afford to drive anymore. Bottom line, I'm sure we find good ways to build windmills, solar panels and all other sources of energy without destroying everything around.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:17 AM
blahhhhhh!

Originally Posted by haroldo
We have an energy problem because no one wants to produce energy in their community.
They can put as many friggin windmills in my back yard as they want!! most of the places the put them up here were already farmlands, so its not like they destroyed forests to do it.

when I was growing up, my parents had the whole house run on solar/wind energy. Too bad they had more kids and eventually stopped using it. **** kids.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Im all for it, the gov't should give some tax credits for people to use them. I know of one person in my family that wants to get into this and is looking to buy farmland to do it. In todays market land can be found cheap and the banks like a steady income especially if the source is limitless.

Quick Reply: Boone Pickens Plan

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands