Body side molding available?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Body side molding available?

The body side molding was on a do not sell order, does anyone know if it is available again? I believe the sales were stopped for a tape problem.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Body side molding available?

What is it with all these accessories that Toyota has no sell orders on? Bodyside molding tape issues, that should be easy to correct...................I would hope anyway.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:39 PM
4th Toyota

I just bought a 2009 THC last weekend and wanted body side molding installed before delivery and was told it has been unavailable for 7 months.
All they could do is notify me when it is available.

I bought a 2007 Avalon last may and had it installed on delivery and have had no problems since. I can't understand why the Camry molding would be any different.

Last edited by Fireman 55; 05-02-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

There is a simple explanation................The EMF fields from the TCH causes the tape to fail, as well as causes the floor mats to roll up and jam underneath the gas pedal and brake................

Old 05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by habu968
There is a simple explanation................The EMF fields from the TCH causes the tape to fail, as well as causes the floor mats to roll up and jam underneath the gas pedal and brake................
lol

Old 05-02-2008, 08:42 PM
4th Toyota

That explains why the fillings in my teeth are falling out.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:45 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Thanks Fireman 55, wow, 7 months for molding. I know there is some on Ebay but I am afraid it may be sub-quality.

I was wondering why my keys kept being sucked against the back seat, why didn't I think of the EMF? It may be helping me accelerate more consistantly since it is pulling my steel toed shoes toward the back of the car! There we have it, wear steel toed shoes to get better fuel milage. LOL!

Old 05-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maybe we can use the IMF waves to magnetically pull the car to a large metal object (like those high power transmission line towers), thus further improving mileage. You plot a course to the next tower and let the magnetic force pull you. Then, as you near the tower, you shut down the EMF system and let the inertia glide you passed it and then plot a course to the next one.
Each tower passes you along to the next one!
You may never have to use gas ever again!

Old 05-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

I purchased my TCH on the 21st of March and waited all of two days for the Magnetic Grey bodyside moldings and splash guards to be delivered to the dealer and installed... I suspect they may possibly be a Southeast Toyota accessory rather than true OEM as they look like the ones in this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-2...spagenameZWDVW

Even if they are Southeast Toyota they look good, fit well and are covered by the warranty so they are fine with me....

Old 05-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast

"EMF fields" do not exist for the same reason that "PIN numbers" do not exist.