Bluetooth Phone - Voice Command?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth Phone - Voice Command?

I have my new phone connected and the address book imported - but I can not seem to find - per the manual - any option to add voice recoginition for address book settings - according to the manual I can program a voice command to address book entries - but there is no rec button anywhere.... Thoughts - I have the NAV system.....

Old 05-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth Phone - Voice Command?

Hit this sequence info/telephone/phonebook. At this point select the name you want to add the voice tag to. From here click the 'edit' button. From there on the left side of the screen you will see a 'double arrow' pointing down. Hit that and you will see something like 'voice dialing' or something like that. I think you can click 'edit' here. This will give you the option of adding/editing/deleting a voice tag.

I'm recalling this from memory so the wording/buttons may be a little different.

Just a bit of advice. I find it much easier to program the speed dial buttons and use those while driving.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Enthusiast

how did you import your phonebook.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just followed the instructions in the manul - they were pretty easy to follow - the trick is to get it setup to receive the phone book then you have to go to the phone bluetooth menu to actually send the address book to the car..... If that makes any sense.

tnsig-Thanks - that worked..

Old 05-14-2007, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by RCFlyer
I just followed the instructions in the manul - they were pretty easy to follow - the trick is to get it setup to receive the phone book then you have to go to the phone bluetooth menu to actually send the address book to the car..... If that makes any sense.

tnsig-Thanks - that worked..
I'm glad it worked for you...

Old 04-10-2008, 07:37 PM

Not to resurrect a old thread...

But has anyone found a way to get the Bluetooth connection to voice dial after a connection has been made?

The scenario I'm dealing with is a conference bridge. The dialed number connects, and then goes to a voice prompt to enter a conference pass code. In reading the manual and brief playing with the non-nav flavor bluetooth in my 08, I haven't figured out a way to get it to dial the bridge numbers (or, for that matter, spit out bridge number from a speed-dial. All prompts seem to stop when the call is 'active'.

Am I overlooking something obvious?

Old 04-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Might be a phone issue, rather than a car issue. I use the Treo and there is a button on the phone screen to toggle between BT Headset (in this case, the car) and handheld. If the call is on the handheld, you toggle back.
I hope, of course, that when you are reading the manual and entering the numbers for a pass code, you aren't on Route 78 of Route 24 Monday through Friday between 5:30 and 6:00. If you are, let me know and I'll take the service roads

Old 04-11-2008, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by haroldo
Might be a phone issue, rather than a car issue. I use the Treo and there is a button on the phone screen to toggle between BT Headset (in this case, the car) and handheld. If the call is on the handheld, you toggle back.
I hope, of course, that when you are reading the manual and entering the numbers for a pass code, you aren't on Route 78 of Route 24 Monday through Friday between 5:30 and 6:00. If you are, let me know and I'll take the service roads
I have a Verizon Moto Razr V3-M. Maybe I didn't state the problem clearly enough - I'm trying to use voice command to dial the 'passcode' to the conference bridge. So, the flow is 'dial call', speak the number for the 'bridge entrance', the phone dials when you hit off-hook. Joy! Now I have a voice prompt - "enter conference code". I can dial it via the handset - no problem (aside from the obvious distracted driver fumbling for the keypad you mentioned).

However, what I was trying to figure out a way of doing is dialing the CC via the voice recognition of the bluetooth / voice command complex. That way I can do the CC that I memorized (like my own bridge line I host calls on) without taking my hands and eyes off the road.

And the roads you mention are not at all familiar, so you're safe. I'm in NE Florida...

Old 04-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My suggestion...(assuming the CC uses the same code each time) would be to create a speed dial button on your handset with pauses (not sure how to do it on your phone, but most phones can do it).
This way you press one button on the phone, it dials...and then waits a few seconds and when the system is waiting for the code, the phone resumes and dials in.