Bike Racks

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Bike Racks

I got my '07 TCH 2 weeks ago, and now I'm wanting to ride my mountain bike.

With my old truck, I used a Yakima Bedhead and Locking Bedhead to haul my mountain bike, and with my car before that, I used a Yakima SuperJoe. When I put the SuperJoe on today, I found that when I put the bottom arm on the bumper, there is nothing supporting the rack on top of the bumper, and I'm afraid it will damage the top of the bumper fascia. When I put the rack up, where the front arm is sitting on top of the truck lid, there is nothing that will prevent the rack from going forward when I brake.

I'm curious to find out what others are using to carry their bikes.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bike Racks

I have folding bike, I think it will fit inside trunk otherwise in back seat. I think there is foam inside bumpers so point pressure may deform it. If I was going to mount bike rack I would make sure the weight is spread out evenly over as much area as possible, but I have no specific recommendations.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Bike Racks

If you search this site for Hitches, There is a site for trailer hitches for the 07 TCH. I use a Yakima Fullswing 4. Good luck!