Battery Level

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery Level

My Explorer is ten years old and running strong. When my TCH is ten years old we'll probably look at the technology and chuckle at how ancient it is. The batteries will be a lot smaller and more powerful. The electric assist motors will be more powerful and use less energy. And the engine can be a lot smaller due to this, not to mention more efficient.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Maybe I'm way off base here, but I kinda figured the display on either the nav or non-nav TCH battery condition showed the charge within the usable range, so in other words, maximum charge or discharge would be off the graph by a bar or two. Sorta like a camcorder showing a low battery but it's really not dead.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Freeze
Maybe I'm way off base here, but I kinda figured the display on either the nav or non-nav TCH battery condition showed the charge within the usable range, so in other words, maximum charge or discharge would be off the graph by a bar or two. Sorta like a camcorder showing a low battery but it's really not dead.
You're not off base. I believe the graph shows the usable range. I'm just saying that the computer is not going to generally allow it to get to the very max or min of the usable range.