Baseball size hail

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Baseball size hail

Originally Posted by skywagon
TCH is finally getting hail dents fixed Monday, hail of a deal lol. Be aware this car is so new that no body parts are listed in the insurance books and they list the 4 door TCH as a Solara (2 door). Insurance companies cannot give you an accurate estimate as they also are having trouble finding any info for these cars so beware and drive safe. One estimate wanted to charge $400 to put on 4 window mouldings where another one wanted .3 a peice for installation which they just clip on so there is a lot of gouging going on. I gringe thinking of the headliner comming out of my new car may never be the same.
Dealer body shops don't seem to have any trouble putting together their estimates. My "up close and personal" encounter with Bambi generated a $4000 estimate from my dealer based on the list of parts I posted in another thread here (and on my blog site www.spiffspace.com/blog ). It ended up coming to $4600. My insurance company basically just approved the estimate because the car is so new.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast

Hail update, picked my TCH up last night at the body shop and it turned out like new. They were able to do most of it paintless but one large softball size dent forward of the sunroof had to be repaired and they did not spot it in they painted the whole top and clearcoated. Paint for Mag Grey Met, matches like a charm. Happy again lol

Old 09-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skywagon
Hail update, picked my TCH up last night at the body shop and it turned out like new. They were able to do most of it paintless but one large softball size dent forward of the sunroof had to be repaired and they did not spot it in they painted the whole top and clearcoated. Paint for Mag Grey Met, matches like a charm. Happy again lol
Glad to hear it came out nicely! As I mentioned earlier, I once bought a hail damaged car...it also came out great.