BAD Experience with Mechanicsville Toyota in Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default BAD Experience with Mechanicsville Toyota in Virginia

Marcus at Mechanicsville Toyota in VA just hung up on my phone call in the middle of my question so I wanted to share my bad experience. I was calling to ask for quotes on extended warranty and prepaid maintenance service plans.

For the past two days I've been calling and leaving voice messages with Scott and Marcus but no one ever called me back. I just wanted to speak to someone other than a machine. First I asked for Scott. I did manage to speak with Scott twice. The first time he transferred me to another line after which I heard his voice but then the line got disconnected. I reached him for a second time through sales and he said sorry he's not trying to avoid me, but he thought the call was from his wife (that's why he picked it up), but since it wasn't he told me to speak with Marcus and then transferred my call to Marcus' voice machine. So here again I was speaking to a machine. I left a message again. No one called back...so, today I called through sales to try to speak with Marcus in person. I got Marcus on the line but he couldn't help me because he was too busy and that someone will have to call me back sometimes in the middle of the week. I asked for a rough idea of the quote...asking whether he knew the price ranges...and I hear "bye, bye" and the phone hangs up. (Well, at least I got a bye-bye, and not just a click, right.) Now, this is truly bad customer service!!!

So.....BEWARE....I translate the actions portrayed by Scott and Marcus from the finance department as: "Mechanicsville Toyota does not need your business."

Last edited by hybridchat; 09-02-2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: BAD Experience with Mechanicsville Toyota in Virginia

Sorry to hear your bad experience.
Just a reminder, there are several Toyota dealers who will be more than happy to sell you a genuine Toyota extended service plan and even at a discount. As long as your vehicle is still covered by the factory warranty you can purchase an extended one.
Search this forum for specific warranty selling dealers.
J

Old 09-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast

Now, I'll for sure look to give my business to another dealership.

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Sorry to hear your bad experience.
Just a reminder, there are several Toyota dealers who will be more than happy to sell you a genuine Toyota extended service plan and even at a discount. As long as your vehicle is still covered by the factory warranty you can purchase an extended one.
Search this forum for specific warranty selling dealers.
J

Old 09-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Give Chris a call at Midwest Superstore. I called last week to purchase the 4/55k prepaid service plan, and when I called the dealership and asked for the finance manager, they got Chris on the phone in 2 minutes. He then quoted me $875 for the service plan (which is the price that I was reading here and expecting him to tell me) and he went thru the paperwork in less than 15 minutes. I had the fax copy of the application by the next hour. I've only heard good things about buying Platinum Warranty and Prepaid Service Plans thru Midwest SUperstore, so I would recommend you try there next.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Enthusiast

So...I called Midwest Toyota and asked for Mark. I was immediately transferred to him. We discussed the extended warranty and maintenance plans and in just a few minutes the transaction was done and I had my extended warranty (7/100K/0 for $940) and prepaid maintenance plan (4/57K for $720)...a much more pleasant experience and really hassle free. Thank you everyone for the information. I did notice though (after having already bought the plans) that someone posted a better price for the 7/100/0 extended warranty with a price of $825 from Midwest. If anyone is interested, that post is under the extended warranty topic.

Old 09-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Enthusiast

I been reading good things about Midwest Toyota. Has anyone dealt with Troy Dietrich from Toyota of Greenfield,Greenfield, MA? He was offering a 7/100/0 for $990. I assume that the price is before sales tax?

Also, can someone post the phone number for Chris or Mark of Midwest Toyota?

Thanks.

Old 09-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Fastforward
I been reading good things about Midwest Toyota. Has anyone dealt with Troy Dietrich from Toyota of Greenfield,Greenfield, MA? He was offering a 7/100/0 for $990. I assume that the price is before sales tax?

Also, can someone post the phone number for Chris or Mark of Midwest Toyota?

Thanks.
Troy is top notch. You will need to send OR FAX copies of proof of the car model, year and mileage and then mail a check or call with a CC # if you are uncomfortable faxing that too.

J

Old 09-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Enthusiast

The phone number for Midwest Toyota is 800-530-5789. Good Luck!

Old 09-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the information.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by hybridchat
Marcus at Mechanicsville Toyota in VA just hung up on my phone call in the middle of my question so I wanted to share my bad experience. I was...... customer service!!!

So.....BEWARE....I translate the actions portrayed by Scott and Marcus from the finance department as: "Mechanicsville Toyota does not need your business."
Wow Guess what guys, I call Mechanicsville and ask for finance manager and ask the person for price ranges, and I hear this , "Get a life!"...CLICK....

so i agree with hybrid chat they are very rude!

Quick Reply: BAD Experience with Mechanicsville Toyota in Virginia

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands